change "show desktop" gesture

How do I change the gesture for showing the desktop? It's THE DUMBEST and most awkward gesture and I can never get it to work.

And, OF COURSE, it's unchangeable. WHY? WHY IS THIS UNCHANGEABLE?!?! You can change the others!!!

(I feel like I'm making posts here all the time to figure stuff out that 10.8 has broken. I'm getting really fed up of OSX lately.)

*deep breath*

How do I change this?

post-119755-0-80170300-1355367809.jpg

(I feel like I'm making posts here all the time to figure stuff out that 10.8 has broken. I'm getting really fed up of OSX lately.)

By all means try out Windows 8 and see whether you can modify its gestures out-of-the-box.

Both operating systems have their default gestures so they're the same across the board, regardless of what computer you're using. Not giving the end-user a plethora of alternative gestures for each single command is a very wise decision by both Apple and Microsoft. At least Apple still gives you some degree of control with a couple of gestures and by allowing you to disable them.

I wonder if it's really necessary for you to come here ask for support in this manner. It doesn't make look you more interesting nor does it motivate people to help you out. Anyway, a quick Google search probably would have led you to BetterTouchTool. It's completely free and gives you great control over your trackpad. Hopefully it relieves some of the frustration you're feeling towards OS X Mountain Lion.

By all means try out Windows 8 and see whether you can modify its gestures out-of-the-box.

Both operating systems have their default gestures so they're the same across the board, regardless of what computer you're using. Not giving the end-user a plethora of alternative gestures for each single command is a very wise decision by both Apple and Microsoft. At least Apple still gives you some degree of control with a couple of gestures and by allowing you to disable them.

1.) Mac OS 10.6 and older let me make changes to gestures without problems.

2.) Yes, closing down the system and making things unchangeable is very much better for the consumer. After all, we're all identical and think exactly the same and have the exact same sized hands.

3.) I'm not trying to be "interesting." I'm ****ed off at the current state of operating systems in the computing world.

4.) Fortunately, Ashpowell provided helpful information instead of an editorial.

1.) Mac OS 10.6 and older let me make changes to gestures without problems.

2.) Yes, closing down the system and making things unchangeable is very much better for the consumer. After all, we're all identical and think exactly the same and have the exact same sized hands.

Mac OS X Snow Leopard also had a lot less functionality supported through gestures. And thank god for third-party solutions which can extend the out-of-the-box features?

Awkward? Dude, it's monstrously easy ... are you missing fingers or have some kind of problem with the movement in your hand? That'd be a bad thing for this gesture. Of course, if you have normal movement and all your digits, I suggest you just man up :D

On the other hand, I think Better Touch Tool allows this ... unsure, but I THINK so ....

That's kind of a weird gesture alright. I doubt I'd be able to do it. And I've been using touchpads for many many years.

On my Ultrabook, which has a 20-point touch, it only takes 3 fingers to swipe down to show desktop.

On my Logitech wireless touchpad it takes 4 fingers to do that function, which I have a hard time with. (can't wait to get the new Logitech rechargeable wireless touchpad)

My right hand is in real bad shape. All the hard years of running chainsaw and machines, plus booming on the water with my hands in freezing cold water all the time, just ain't good for em.