Logmein faster alternative?

I've used LogMeIn for ages but lately I've started wondering if I'm missing something. I'm using LogMeIn to code on a mac from another location (a pc). That's the situation and it's not going to change.

The only thing I care about is speed. Logmein is fast but not fast enough. Is there anything out there (free or not free) that is faster? Right now I'm suffering from light lugs, slow animations etc'.

I know there are a lot of alternatives but I don't feel like checking them all out. Like I said, the only thing that interests me is speed and of course for it to work from windows -> mac.

Thanks

If your network setup allows it, you might want to consider installing a VNC server, I find it can be less laggy than LogMeIn sometimes, but also less slick, and definitely requiring more setting up.

macs have vnc. teamviewer is a bit better graphics wise. You want faster, increase your speed. The delay is almost non-existent (half a second at most) on a 50Meg line using either teamviewer or logmein. If your computer is fast on the other end, you need to up your line speed. What is your upload, you should be at somewhere above 5mb/s up (this is not download speeds which is usually much higher). Unless they change the way they compress the data stream, you aren't going to get much faster.

Teamviewer hands down, they just added audio, fluid video playback (It really works!), and remote printing. Free sessions are limited to 3hrs. You can just reconnect when it disconnects you thoe.

Can anyone tell me if they upped the limit of the 25hr/mo on teamviewer? My google fu doesn't seem to be able to find out if they removed this limitation, nor can I see any sort of information on the private use version of teamviewer on their site.

Been using Logmein for around 4 years now, works well, never any issues

I use teamviewer as well sometimes.

In terms of speed I think they are pretty much on par with each other, although I think Teamviewer maybe a bit faster.

But nothing beats VPN + RDP.

I recently found join.me, it's super fast and I use it when a computer's VNC settings have gotten buggered up. Doesn't require any software installed or anything, I think it's great.

LogMeIn is the most reliable and easy to use i have come across. I cant stand TeamViewer and i get a shiver down my back everytime someone mentions it.

LogMeIn is the most reliable and easy to use i have come across. I cant stand TeamViewer and i get a shiver down my back everytime someone mentions it.

Because they plaster it with FREE FREE FREE FREE everywhere, and then once you start actually using it they say "Actually we meant that it is FREE for PERSONAL user, not really FREE, but we got you stuck on it anyway" followed by "COMMERCIAL USE SUSPECTED - Now your sessions will only last 10 seconds until you pony up the cash". Yes I switched to LogMeIn and stay away from TeamViewer after that trick for being so deceitful.

What's the difference between join.me and logmein? (Looks like join.me is made by logmein.. just a fancy domain maybe?)

Well logmein needs to be installed and associated with a logmein account. Join.me is token based and can have 250 people join the session to view. Logmein can be used prior to logon, the computer needs to be on. Join.me needs a user to be in front of the computer.

If you call teamviewer up they will fix your account, I used to use it at Uni.. Got flagged.. Called em up saying wtf and they sorted it in like 5 mins.

Splash top is best though, can even game over it.. It's that smooth

If you call teamviewer up they will fix your account, I used to use it at Uni.. Got flagged.. Called em up saying wtf and they sorted it in like 5 mins.

Splash top is best though, can even game over it.. It's that smooth

I wouldn't say you can game on it but splash top is definitely the winner.

If you care about speed in your remote control sessions I would suggest you try Splash top today!

Thanks hjf288!

Teamviewer hands down, they just added audio, fluid video playback (It really works!), and remote printing. Free sessions are limited to 3hrs. You can just reconnect when it disconnects you thoe.

Really? I'm going to have to look into it! I like LogMeIn, I don't use it but I'm sure it'll be handy one day.

You may want to consider UltraVNC as it includes a special video driver that provides a huge and considerable performance boost.

I often use it to watch, on my secondary monitor, what is being played in the Media Center PC and I can hardly notice any frame drops.

And normal UI interaction feels nearly as smooth as with working with my local PC.