Photo

Logmein faster alternative?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 OP Shasoosh

Shasoosh

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:25

What's the difference between join.me and logmein? (Looks like join.me is made by logmein.. just a fancy domain maybe?)

#17 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:32

I've used TeamView and LogMeIn in my current job, but in my previous job I used GoToAssist and that seems lightning quick in comparison. It was even usable with clients who had dial up.

#18 +Byté

Byté

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:35

LogMeIn is the most reliable and easy to use i have come across. I cant stand TeamViewer and i get a shiver down my back everytime someone mentions it.

#19 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:13

LogMeIn is the most reliable and easy to use i have come across. I cant stand TeamViewer and i get a shiver down my back everytime someone mentions it.

Because they plaster it with FREE FREE FREE FREE everywhere, and then once you start actually using it they say "Actually we meant that it is FREE for PERSONAL user, not really FREE, but we got you stuck on it anyway" followed by "COMMERCIAL USE SUSPECTED - Now your sessions will only last 10 seconds until you pony up the cash". Yes I switched to LogMeIn and stay away from TeamViewer after that trick for being so deceitful.

#20 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:20

^^ this. Logmein all the way. I've never had any lag or slow down issues. I suspect your line is at fault.

#21 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 25

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:25

What's the difference between join.me and logmein? (Looks like join.me is made by logmein.. just a fancy domain maybe?)

Well logmein needs to be installed and associated with a logmein account. Join.me is token based and can have 250 people join the session to view. Logmein can be used prior to logon, the computer needs to be on. Join.me needs a user to be in front of the computer.

#22 hjf288

hjf288

Korean Crazy Man!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 18:11

If you call teamviewer up they will fix your account, I used to use it at Uni.. Got flagged.. Called em up saying wtf and they sorted it in like 5 mins.

Splash top is best though, can even game over it.. It's that smooth

#23 OP Shasoosh

Shasoosh

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 December 2012 - 23:32

If you call teamviewer up they will fix your account, I used to use it at Uni.. Got flagged.. Called em up saying wtf and they sorted it in like 5 mins.

Splash top is best though, can even game over it.. It's that smooth

I wouldn't say you can game on it but splash top is definitely the winner.
If you care about speed in your remote control sessions I would suggest you try Splash top today!

Thanks hjf288!

#24 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:52

Teamviewer hands down, they just added audio, fluid video playback (It really works!), and remote printing. Free sessions are limited to 3hrs. You can just reconnect when it disconnects you thoe.

Really? I'm going to have to look into it! I like LogMeIn, I don't use it but I'm sure it'll be handy one day.

#25 xfx

xfx

Neowinian

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:47

You may want to consider UltraVNC as it includes a special video driver that provides a huge and considerable performance boost.

I often use it to watch, on my secondary monitor, what is being played in the Media Center PC and I can hardly notice any frame drops.
And normal UI interaction feels nearly as smooth as with working with my local PC.

#26 harvaparva

harvaparva

Neowinian

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:40

I'd recommend GoToAssist Expert, it's available for the Mac OS X v10.4.11 Tiger or later, it's very fast but chargeable, although I've never had to pay for it in 3 years, as the trial just checks for a unique email address, just make one up as they never check it exists, the 14 day trial doesn't even require credit card details, compete your 'Create Your Account' then 'Enter a Password', now from the 'Enter Your Billing Information' select the 'No credit card?' option from the top right-hand corner. In 14 days time or when you need it just repeat the above steps with a new email address.

#27 OP Shasoosh

Shasoosh

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 December 2012 - 13:29

Splashtop costs money if you are trying to connect outside your wifi network. Not even a trial. Kinda lame.

#28 +Ely

Ely

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 24 December 2012 - 13:51

TeamViewer is the way to go