Android and buyer's remorse/iOS

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 14 December 2012 - 19:58

Oh yeah. I've been an iPhone user since the first one through the 5. The OS got stale for me and Googles devices were very attractively priced as well as having impressive hardware. I still love my Nexus 4, but I find myself missing the iPhone a little. I'll probably get over it especially as Android gets better.

And by the way, I found a very easy way to root my Nexus 10 and did it last night. Now I am just trying to find out why I did it lol. I do have the Sixaxis app which requires root access but I'm apparently supposed to connect a controller to the Nexus which I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do that. I suppose now that it's rooted, I can installed the XMBC app right?

You could have used XBMC without root. :laugh: Download here: http://mirrors.xbmc....leases/android/

#17 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 December 2012 - 20:05

Google Now destroys Siri speed and feature wise.

#18 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 14 December 2012 - 20:06

As for as Siri goes, I've never been much of a fan. Google Now is far more useful, but I get that Siri is fun to play with.

I can not believe how far Google Now is ahead of Siri.. Its amazing the difference. Just the voice alone is so much so realistic on Google now, and the answers are almost instant.. I can't wait for a jailbreak to come out for my 5 just so I can set Google as my default to replace Siri.

#19 +Cryton

Cryton

Neowinian

Posted 14 December 2012 - 20:07

Having recently dived fully into Android by buying all 3 Google Nexus devices, I've found myself recently with a little buyer's remorse over my phone.

How have you found the Nexus 7? I'm thinking of picking one up and always interested to hear real people's experiences.

#20 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:49

I can not believe how far Google Now is ahead of Siri.. Its amazing the difference. Just the voice alone is so much so realistic on Google now, and the answers are almost instant.. I can't wait for a jailbreak to come out for my 5 just so I can set Google as my default to replace Siri.

It's amazing how far Android has come in the last year.

#21 OP +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 15 December 2012 - 19:30

How have you found the Nexus 7? I'm thinking of picking one up and always interested to hear real people's experiences.

The 7 was readily available from the Play store right from Google. I love the compact size and how light is, and also a great display.