Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kiddingguy

Windows 8 & gaming: yes or no?

53 posts in this topic

Tried Batttlefield 3 on Windows 8 and I went back to Windows 7. The performance is lower and it just doesn't feel and look right on Windows 8. Windows 7 drivers are more mature and the game simply performs better on Windows 7 - in my experience.

Also, I got sick and tired of Explorer crashing on Windows 8 for no reason whatsoever. Never happened on Windows 7, so back to Windows 7 for me.

Battlefield 3 crashes more on Windows 8 than on Windows 7.

What are the hardware specs? Motherboard, CPU, CPU, RAM amount, etc. Also, the issues could well be driver-related (or even configuration-related). They could even be unique to your particular hardware configuration. (There are plenty of folks running BF3 on Windows 8 today - they couldn't do it if it were the game itself.)

fraps doesn't work on windows 8 which sucks

It does.

What are the hardware specs? Motherboard, CPU, CPU, RAM amount, etc. Also, the issues could well be driver-related (or even configuration-related). They could even be unique to your particular hardware configuration. (There are plenty of folks running BF3 on Windows 8 today - they couldn't do it if it were the game itself.)

My specs:

CPU: AMD FX 8150 8 Core Unlocked

Memory: 16 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 570 - Latest drivers

Mobo: Asus M97 Evo