win8

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 January 2013 - 20:37

I will note that Crysis 2 works fine in DX11 mode on my 8 box now, so when or where or how it was fixed I do not know but it does work.

oops I guess that was covered already :)

I had some game issues (I assume DRM related) trying to run them from a Storage Space, but I just removed those (I wanted 8 on my newer+bigger SSD) and everything's working great.

#47 devBrian

devBrian

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 January 2013 - 17:02

AMD only supports the HD5xxx series and above for Windows 8, so that could be a factor. More importantly, Skyrim is one of the easiest modern games to run - if you're getting less than 60fps at maximum settings then it's time to upgrade.

Whoopsy. I mean... Intel HD 4000.

#48 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:49

Tried Batttlefield 3 on Windows 8 and I went back to Windows 7. The performance is lower and it just doesn't feel and look right on Windows 8. Windows 7 drivers are more mature and the game simply performs better on Windows 7 - in my experience.

Also, I got sick and tired of Explorer crashing on Windows 8 for no reason whatsoever. Never happened on Windows 7, so back to Windows 7 for me.

Games simply crash less (far less) on Windows 8 than on earlier versions of Windows - even games that predate Windows 8 by several years.

Battlefield 3 crashes more on Windows 8 than on Windows 7.

#49 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:49

fraps doesn't work on windows 8 which sucks

#50 Kamran Mackey

Kamran Mackey

Apple Fanatic

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:36

Actually there is a difference. Games load actually faster in Windows 8 than they do in Windows 7. Trust me, I tried playing games on Windows 7 and they were slow as heck.

#51 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:45

Tried Batttlefield 3 on Windows 8 and I went back to Windows 7. The performance is lower and it just doesn't feel and look right on Windows 8. Windows 7 drivers are more mature and the game simply performs better on Windows 7 - in my experience.

Also, I got sick and tired of Explorer crashing on Windows 8 for no reason whatsoever. Never happened on Windows 7, so back to Windows 7 for me.

Battlefield 3 crashes more on Windows 8 than on Windows 7.

What are the hardware specs? Motherboard, CPU, CPU, RAM amount, etc. Also, the issues could well be driver-related (or even configuration-related). They could even be unique to your particular hardware configuration. (There are plenty of folks running BF3 on Windows 8 today - they couldn't do it if it were the game itself.)

#52 RatherLargeBear

RatherLargeBear

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:58

fraps doesn't work on windows 8 which sucks

It does.

#53 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:07

What are the hardware specs? Motherboard, CPU, CPU, RAM amount, etc. Also, the issues could well be driver-related (or even configuration-related). They could even be unique to your particular hardware configuration. (There are plenty of folks running BF3 on Windows 8 today - they couldn't do it if it were the game itself.)

My specs:

CPU: AMD FX 8150 8 Core Unlocked
Memory: 16 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 570 - Latest drivers
Mobo: Asus M97 Evo

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!