Why are most people so ignorant about the nurse's suicide?

I think it's naive to think that this is just a "prank".

Like it was previously said, can you stop being Elitist and thinking your opinion is "above" other people. Regardless, your "opinion" is just based from bias media sources getting half the story, wait for the final inquest before shouting from the rooftops like a fool.

How compassionate of you! And what about people who die of cancer or kidney disease? Because stress, depression and mental illness are recognised medical conditions. It doesn't sound like you have much sympathy for any other human being.

If all you want to do is insult the dead and proclaim your moral superiority then I have nothing more to say to you.

Don't feign some indignant reproach... or incite some straw-man argument. Nice try though.

She killed herself, plain and simple. All of the above issues you cite don't have to lead to killing one's self.

So no, no sympathy for her cowardly act on my end.

Isnt it wrong that we now defend the media that pranks innocent people for the entertainment of others?

Anyone standing up for the media should seriously look at their values and how they would feel if someone had done it to someone they loved. People are all different, some people can laugh at themselves, others hurt - I wish i could be someone that laughed at myself but I tend to focus it - I wish that I didn't but I just do.

People should feel ashamed when they hurt others for entertainment.

If someone phones up your bank and says 'Hi, I am <your name> calling to make a transfer of all my bank funds to an alternative bank due to problems I have had with you as a bank' and the bank agrees to just transfer the money to another bank without actually verifying who you are, who would you be more ****ed off with, the person that's phoned up the bank pretending to be you just by giving them your name, or the bank who didn't bother to do any checking at all to see if the person phoning really was you or someone else?

If you're ****ed off more with the guy phoning up then the bank, you're a complete idiot.

She didn't break any rules, she didn't get pranked, etc. There were two nurses involved and the one who got pranked is fine.

Oh ok, fair enough. I completely understand why we should blame the DJ's then. They were certainly to blame for her killing herself after she TRANSFERRED A PHONE CALL.

The fact that there are people still blaming the station is just sad.

Can you pass me to the attending nurse?

Oh sure, hold on one minute.

omg fraud

This truly may be a case where a does not lead to b. Most people assume that she passed the phone along (a) and then feel guilty and killed herself over it (b). This may not be the case at all. One may not have anything to do with the other.

Because she killed HERSELF.

I've been pranked plenty of timed. Haven't tried to kill myself over it yet.

Dude, unfortunately that can't be applied to all. People have different mentalities and different emotional intelligence. You don't really know what that nurse was going through emotionally and what that whole incidence meant to her. Pranks mean different to different people. Shame means different to different people. "Public shame" definitely means different to different people.

Example: What happens to a guy when a girl dumps him unexpectedly out of a long relationship (enough to put him in trauma). Lot of things are possible and can happen. He can be neutral about it and move on. He can be a bit depressive about it and not really want to get into any other relationship. Or he can also be very depressive about it and suffer PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder). And that PTSD could also result in a suicide in a very worse case scenario.

Dude, unfortunately that can't be applied to all. People have different mentalities and different emotional intelligence. You don't really know what that nurse was going through emotionally and what that whole incidence meant to her. Pranks mean different to different people. Shame means different to different people. "Public shame" definitely means different to different people.

Example: What happens to a guy when a girl dumps him unexpectedly out of a long relationship (enough to put him in trauma). Lot of things are possible and can happen. He can be neutral about it and move on. He can be a bit depressive about it and not really want to get into any other relationship. Or he can also be very depressive about it and suffer PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder). And that PTSD could also result in a suicide in a very worse case scenario.

Using some of the users thoughts in here, and using it with your scenario, if he killed himself, we blame his ex for it then?

No, of course we don't. Why? because it's ****ing retarded.

Imagine the feeling of millions of people judging you as you make a mistake that anybody could have made. It's ****ing humiliating and honestly if she did feel that death is better than to live in this crappy world full of bull**** then I can't do anything else than respect her decision. This might sound odd but her kid is old enough to take care of herself and seeing how stupid humans are (and have probably always been) suicide is probably less cowardly (I don't think it is actually) than what many people I see do to earn a living ****ing other people over. It's a cruel world out there.

Treat her with anti-depressants? We know this world is **** no matter how people try to make it seem worthwhile. This world is evolving way too fast for human emotions to adapt.

PS This isn't a suicide letter, just a different perspective to the situation.

this is crap. suicide if you leave relatives behind is always selfish. shame is nothing feasable, it is what you make out of a situation. if you cannot cope with it you're weak. if you leave people behind, especially kids, you're a coward. not strong enough to deal with a tough situation and get back on your feet again.

easy sad, difficult to do, i admit that. but still, if you got kids. find a way to live. its shameful to leave kids etc. behind just because u feel ashamed of something.

Imagine the feeling of millions of people judging you as you make a mistake that anybody could have made. It's ****ing humiliating and honestly if she did feel that death is better than to live in this crappy world full of bull**** then I can't do anything else than respect her decision. This might sound odd but her kid is old enough to take care of herself and seeing how stupid humans are (and have probably always been) suicide is probably less cowardly (I don't think it is actually) than what many people I see do to earn a living ****ing other people over. It's a cruel world out there.

Treat her with anti-depressants? We know this world is **** no matter how people try to make it seem worthwhile. This world is evolving way too fast for human emotions to adapt.

PS This isn't a suicide letter, just a different perspective to the situation.

It wasn't a mistake, or an accidental circumstance, it was something they purposely chose to do. Yes, blaming them for her death is unfair as it was impossible for them to foresee but what they did was still stupid and reckless.

The nurse has so many other issues she was dealing. I don't see how the would think the DJ kill her. The general public are un reasonable with their logic.

that's why most of the population believes in some type of religion.