Assassins Creed 3 PC Give away?

Ok so I?m feeling generous and was thinking why not giving away a Assassins Creed 3 download coupon before the end of the world :p.

So beforehand I?m looking for some suggestions on a fun/fair maybe festive way to choose?

Enforce minimum post count and maybe take these into the account,

- Post Count

- Subscriber / Subscriber2 / Veteran

You should use a random.org so it is fair. Make a minimum post count from the start date to avoid someone coming along then spamming to up their post count to be eligable.

Perhaps asking people to do a comic strip based on AC. A 25/50/100 words or less why they deserve the coupon (although I've always hated those). Favourite moment from the AC series.

That is all I've got.

use random.org and make the join date only those people who have been a member of Neowin for longer than a year

Its not fair to penalise people who are members for years but don't post, many people do not like to post lots on forums and prefer to lurk

• Like 1

I like the 10k post minimum rofl its so fair :p

@compl3x like that, maybe a AC holiday poster?

The Random.org suggestion seems fairest, although a little lacking on the fun/festive factor.

use random.org and make the join date only those people who have been a member of Neowin for longer than a year

Its not fair to penalise people who are members for years but don't post, many people do not like to post lots on forums and prefer to lurk

Very good point, actually one of those people myself :p

You're right it is.

10+ years then. Seems fair. :laugh:

should be 11+ years and have exactly 5,641 posts :)

On Topic ...

I have done these things before, I stipulate a mimum 50 posts with a member status of more than a month or so, and use http://www.random.org/integers/ with a number between 2 and the last post number before you do the draw. All seems fair then, and include a screen grab of the random.org result to verify.

You can ask people to post... then use a site like random.org to determine which number wins :D

Just do this and forget about a minimum post count or number of years, people say that so they will have a better chance of winning.

I agree with the posting in a thread (with restrictions, that is) and using random.org to select the winner, it's how I gave away my NS2 copy (and likely how I will give away anything else that I have to give away).

Well if you go the random.org route, here is my entry, as I would really love it.

Or, you could give it to the first Veteran who posts in the thread, since they were once a staff member who was actually tasked with just the Gamers Hangout and who now participates in a weekly podcast that is recorded just for your listening pleasure.

• Like 2