20 replies to this topic

#16 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,585 posts
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 15 December 2012 - 15:39

Pretty damn fun adventure. Remember to sort out all your visas and plan alternative routes as don;t be surprised if not all of you make it across various borders.
You've more chance with the more northern route and i'd take that one anyway as i'd be more interested in it.

#17 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,312 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 16:08

If you want to swing through Switzerland on the way then I'll jump in the car with you. That said, my plan is for February, and given work time constraints I think I'll just stick to the plane. :p

Good luck though. I saw that Ewan McGregor show where him and Charley Boorman did something similar on their bikes. Seems like one heck of an experience.

#18 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 15 December 2012 - 18:10

Takes about 5 days non stop 24 hour driving according to bing maps. On a side note I would love to make a trip like that in my car. Just me and maybe a friend (preferably someone I can have sex with on breaks) and the open road.

Sounds like one lucky dude gets to ride along with you. Hey Intrinsica just volunteered!! W00T!! open road and sex here you come!

No pun intended.

#19 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

• 10,000 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 18:40

If you want a taveling companion then count me in cause i love long trips by road it's why i always take the bus to London rather than Train!

#20 OP Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,921 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 23:01

Also, good luck getting a visa to go through Russia, if you have no one to sponsor you then its most likely not going to happen.

well this is the kind of stuff i need to know ... see i will look into that now ... and sponsor? I have russian friends but they are not really important ..

#21 OP Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,921 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 23:07

If you want a taveling companion then count me in cause i love long trips by road it's why i always take the bus to London rather than Train!

still some time away ... by the looks of it atleast 18 months ... cause in 14 months im off to japan again (all confirmed) but by plane ... might see if i can convince them to go with me to china thjen fly to japan then fly home but i doubt it they said after japan ;(

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!