Hypnotism - Real or Fake ?

^ Ah, good question.

The answer is, stage shows are a way Humans are slowly learning that hypnotism, is a way of changing Beliefs, and therefore Reality.

Stage shows are a game.

They are doing this learning in a fun, non-threatening way, slowly learning.

In future decades, you will see hypnotism being taken more and more seriously.

The goal of course, is for Humans to learn the Power they have been given. ;)

It's fake, I believe even a few hypnotists have admitted to it.

hypnotists are bull****ters who don't know true hypnotism and are just doing the act for money

hypnotism is real, it's hard to explain but the best way i can think of to explain it is once you find the right way to get in on the particular person, it's a bit like programing a computer, you have to know what you're doing and you have to be careful or you could break something. you can do some fun things with it though (speaking from people i know who are in the hypnotism scene)

Stage Hypnosis: It's sort of real... I have been stage hypnotised a couple of times, and did things that were 100% out of character. More than just the group dynamic pushing me forward, I felt inwardly like my will was to do these things, not like I was being forced.

Medical Hypnosis: 100% real. Cravings can be removed, patterns can be changed. Is it a pseudo-science/magic thing? Not at all, its really very simple. You just reprogram your reactions to certain things. I have made use of it in the past.

Sorry. but all of this depends on what we define as "Hypnotism". If you mean, can a man eat an apple and say it tastes like an orange? Palor trick

Can the use of suggestive tone, wording, reinforceing, etc change your life patterns? Of course!

• Like 2

As the title says, do you think Hypnotism is real or fake? I think its all a big act, I don't believe you can hypnotise someone, I see hypnotists to be as fake as psychics and mediums One reason for not believing it is hypnotists saying things like "You can only be hypnotised if you believe it will work" - Sorry, but if something is real, it will work whether you believe it or not. What do you think ? (My gf is really into all that stuff, she believes its all real, I think its all a crock of money making S**t )

I'll ask you one somewhat compound question (to which I already know the answer so don't even try to avoid it) and then you'll understand it a bit more:

Have you ever experienced a moment, or several moments, where you lost track of basically everything around you kind of "faded into the background" and your entire focus was on whatever you were doing in that moment? Like being in a car driving someplace and suddenly finding yourself at your destination and not actually being able to remember the journey itself, the turns you took, the cars and buildings and people you passed, that sort of thing? Have you ever been reading a book or watching a TV show or movie and someone literally has to grab you by the shoulder to remind you they're trying to get your attention, or perhaps a phone ringing and you don't consciously notice it?

Of course the answer to that/those questions is "Yes" and the reason is because your conscious mind got itself wound up tight over one specific focus to the exclusion of most everything else around you and voila, that's basically what is known as a state of hypnosis or some refer to as a trance.

Hypnosis is simply a state of highly focused conscious awareness to the exclusion of most all other stimuli, and that's about it. In that state, the conscious mind is so focused on whatever it's got in front of it that events, sounds, anything at all really is simply ignored, and in almost every instance that info gets passed right through to the unconscious (aka subconscious) mind.

With respect to stage hypnosis, the reason that "works" is because a stage hypnotist is trained in hypnosis overall but also is well aware that most people don't have problems being a little silly and crazy from time to time - people with great imaginations tend to make the most capable hypnotic subjects because it's all an unconscious activity anyway: a state of hypnosis basically pushes the conscious or "critical faculty" aside for a bit and lets the unconscious mind come out to play, for lack of a better phrase.

Hypnosis most assuredly is a real thing, and we humans experience it every day in the form of daydreams, wandering off from whatever you're doing in a mental sense, that sort of situation. Anytime you're at work and you kind of lose track of what you should be doing in favor of thinking about what you'll do with the next paycheck or day off, that's in most respects a state of hypnosis where you're actively engaging the imagination/unconscious.

Yes, it's real, and you experience it multiple times every day. There's a ton of good info out there, www.hypnosis.org is one of the best places, as well as www.hypnosense.com.

Disclaimer: I've been a practicing hypnotist for 35+ years now.

Also, the most important fact of all: ALL HYPNOSIS IS SELF-HYPNOSIS. You allow yourself to experience it at the suggestions of the hypnotist - there's no "oh he/she put me under, I couldn't resist" kind of thing. It's not mind control - well, it is, but most people don't get it: it's your control of your mind, even when it's happening on a purely unconscious level you're not even consciously aware of.

Religion is BANNED from this thread, why do all threads have to bring it up ?

Everyone knows it is a sure way to get a thread closed, not clever and wrong forum. (See Religion forum)

Read thread title "HYPNOTISM"

Woooahh... Shieesh... Alright...

But I kind of agree with Hum. It's hard to talk about it without talking about it.

Hypnotism is a way of rapidly changing Beliefs, create Healings.

I've always heard that you couldn't make anyone do anything while they were hypnotized that they didn't want to do, or make them believe anything that they didn't want to believe.

I've always heard that you couldn't make anyone do anything while they were hypnotized that they didn't want to do, or make them believe anything that they didn't want to believe.

yes and no, fresh under you are correct, but if you're able to delve down into a deeper state, then it's not all the difficult (especially if you really know what you're doing) that's why i said in my previous post to be careful with true hypnotism

As a psychology student finishing my degree I can tell you hypnosis is not a recognized form of treatment and is laughed at as plausible. My 2 cents.

Edit: 'Yorak's post on weak/strong minded people basically sums it up. If you're gullible you're going to believe it, that's how the human mind works - with enough belief you convince yourself of just about anything.

• 1 year later...

Hi

Hypnosis is much more powerful than many other medical disciplines but because is less regulated doctors try to ignore it and say that it does not actually work. Hypnosis and self hypnosis can do anything as long as you want it. First of all it is a very natural method therefore no side effects. I am not saying that hypnosis can replace the pharmacological treatment but I  would not ignore it

regards

Mike

There's a reason you always see "hypnotists" only doing their acts in controlled environments and not to some random passerby, it's all a fraud and abusing the weak minded who are easily persuaded 

Hypnotism is just a more receptive state of mind.... you still can't be made to do things you do not want. It's just easier for you to reach deeper into your mind. Hence why strong minded people can't be hypnotized: They are closed to it. Those who desire it can. But yeah, chicken shows and the like are a joke, they are shows. One thing I am personally curious though is how someone can be made to be like a piece of wood and have someone sit on them, that would interest me, I might read up on that.... If I can find a good source of information that is.

If hypnotism really worked hot chicks would always be getting tricked into screwing ugly dudes.  :laugh:

My grandpa read about it in college and actually did it on 3 different people. He got one to think the door knob to his room was really hot and the guy thought he burned himself. Another guy put ketchup into his cereal and thought it was so yummy. Neither one remembered what they did. My grandpa almost got kicked out of college for it too!  :) So from my grandpa's experiences I would say there is something to it.