Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McCordRm

Looking for HD wildlife shows.

13 posts in this topic

So far I've found Planet Earth and Chimpanzee.

I'm looking for other high definition wildlife shows. Suggestions?

Wildboyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked a similar question not too long ago, but the response was...less than enthusiastic.

Frozen Planet is a good one if you liked Planet Earth. I'm also trying to find Blue Planet in HD, but so far I can only find DVD releases. :(

I also just remembered the "Lost Land" collection, including the tiger and the jaguar. Those were good to watch, but again I can only find DVD releases. :(

I'd be interested in hearing about some deep sea documentaries available in HD. That's my current focus in documentaries.

Can't remember where I got this from, but I have 3 x 4GB 1080p of this, I got it when I got my 1080p TV to see how decent the picture was

Discovery Channel Speed of Life 1080p

Capture.PNG

---

Also found this

2ac6b38da16fd499fa60f9584ddf40710f0a6ffc.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2407484/

Tune in National Geographic Channel HD

Or their wildlife or wild or whatever it's called HD channel that only does wildlife shows..

Anything on NGC is usually pretty good. And their HD is sharp as can be, provided your provider is decent.

Id look up BBC nature docs. They are some of the best, as mentioned already - Planet Earth, Life, Frozen Planet

Honorable mentions - Born to be Wild, Disney's Earth, Human Planet (not exactly wildlife but worth checking out), Disney's Oceans

Also check out past IMAX releases, some have been released on bluray and look great

David Attenborough - Kingdom of Plants.

I didn't watch this initially as the thought of a program about plants doesn't excite me, but after watching an episode because nothing else was on it was actually so much more.

Very interesting

Life in the Undergrowth

Anything by David Attenborough.

That simple!

BBC's Planet Dinosaur if you still have that inner child. It's very informative and the CGI is decent as far as dinosaur shows go. Also John Hurt!

I can't find Life in the Undergrowth in true HD. I have most of David Attenborough's stuff; started getting it after

watching Planet Earth for the first time on Blu-Ray.

Loving the suggestions, folks. I normally hit Best Buy and stuff just looking through their Blu-Ray selections, so

I miss a lot of what's actually out there.

51vOcFKASRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51McC7ODtwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg515VPTC2zaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51fcjoYAotL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51Xc7oWISKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51dq77qWIlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
1 person likes this

Brand new David Attenborough on the other night, Africa. What an episode!!