Photo

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,462 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 15:36

This is so counter productive. The Westboro Baptist Church lives for this stuff.

The only way to deal with The Westboro Baptist Church is to love them.

#17 Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• 799 posts
  • Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 16 December 2012 - 15:39

I love Anonymous <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#18 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,250 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 15:44

They don't advocate specific targets.

Now would you please go to the capitol building or outside the white house and start a demonstration, I don't care what it's for or against, but do it, and see how far your free speech reaches.
You can't say anything you want, where you want, when you want.

actually I could do that and everything would be just fine.

you completely fail at understanding American's freedom of speech.

First Amendment
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

#19 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 16:00

Just when I'm getting bored of Anon, they go and impress me again, nice one anon, I`ll bet those idiots from the church get a whole load of sh** now :D

#20 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,245 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 16:42

actually I could do that and everything would be just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NEWf_KqOtk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT4Gmtr4VnY

you completely fail at understanding American's freedom of speech.

First Amendment
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

No, at those and other public locations you can't have "un-planned" protests. you an protest, but it needs to be filed and accepted, and they can deny you to protest there as well.
But you cannot just show up there and start protesting, they can and will tow you away if you do that, they can even throw you in jail for it.

#21 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,320 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 16:50

I know US laws allows these scum bags to do what they do, but there are some things that PEOPLE just shouldn't tolerate.

The Hell's Angels have a habit of preventing the WBC's pickets, so I -really- hope that they or someone else steps up to make sure these lowlifes don't make a mockery of these funerals.

#22 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,205 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 16:51

If "free speech" was truly free, there would be no limits. You could spout whatever hate you wanted, make threats, slander people and there would be no comeuppance, at least not by criminal law enforcement.

#23 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,250 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 16:57

No, at those and other public locations you can't have "un-planned" protests. you an protest, but it needs to be filed and accepted, and they can deny you to protest there as well.
But you cannot just show up there and start protesting, they can and will tow you away if you do that, they can even throw you in jail for it.

while it's true that a large scale protest would likely require you to get a permit to cover the cost of capital police... a small protest of a couple people likely would go completely unnoticed. It should also be noted that they can't deny you the permit based on the content of the protest. You could get a permit for a protest and you could hold the most vile, hateful signs, and shout the most disgusting slurs and they can't do anything about it.

#24 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,320 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 17:06

^ I know it's an unfair comparison, but in the UK we don't tolerate that. Yes you can say what you want; but if it comes under the defined limitations of hate speech (generally, encouraging people to harm others), then you can and will be arrested.

TBH, I think it's a fair compromise. Free speech is meant to protect the right of the people to protest against the government, NOT allow hate filled scum a public forum to spread their vile ideas.

#25 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,250 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 17:11

^ I know it's an unfair comparison, but in the UK we don't tolerate that. Yes you can say what you want; but if it comes under the defined limitations of hate speech (generally, encouraging people to harm others), then you can and will be arrested.

TBH, I think it's a fair compromise. Free speech is meant to protect the right of the people to protest against the government, NOT allow hate filled scum a public forum to spread their vile ideas.

as I said up thread.. who decides what is hate speech and what if anything should we be allowed to hate at all? It's far easier just to allow the speech so we all know who the haters are.

I've actually argued in the past that Anderw Breivik's massacre happened because he had no legitimate way to get his message out in Norway so he got it out in the loudest, most illegitimate way possible... by killing children and blowing up government buildings. I believe that if he had the legal right to say his hate speech without threat of being arrested that he wouldn't have felt it necessary to do what he did.

#26 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,320 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 17:17

No, Breivik had legal means to get his message out. You are allowed to say what you want other than you are NOT allowed to incite others to harm people or society.

So, you can say "I think group X are a danger/inferior/whatever.", but you cannot add "We must get rid of/attack/hurt them".

#27 ClassicTrekker

ClassicTrekker

Neowinian

• 146 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 17:32

Looks like somebody took the information down. When I followed the OP's link a moment ago, I get a "not-found" response.

#28 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,250 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 17:50

No, Breivik had legal means to get his message out. You are allowed to say what you want other than you are NOT allowed to incite others to harm people or society.

So, you can say "I think group X are a danger/inferior/whatever.", but you cannot add "We must get rid of/attack/hurt them".

but his message was "Get rid of the muslims"

#29 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,320 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 18:06

Which you're allowed to say. People would call you a racist for doing so, but it's perfectly legal to say you want x group kicked out. You just can't say they should be attacked or killed or otherwise harmed.

#30 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,245 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 18:31

I've actually argued in the past that Anderw Breivik's massacre happened because he had no legitimate way to get his message out in Norway so he got it out in the loudest, most illegitimate way possible... by killing children and blowing up government buildings. I believe that if he had the legal right to say his hate speech without threat of being arrested that he wouldn't have felt it necessary to do what he did.

I suggest you stop calling other people ignorant if you're going to spout that kind of ignorant crap yourself. As you obviously don't know anything about Norway, or ABB.

We have plenty of people here saying that, heck we have an organized group fashioned after the British defense league, and we have our own old group fashioned after older Viking principles who wants to kick anyone not white and of Norwegian descent out called Vigrid.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!