28 replies to this topic

#1 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 122,134 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy

Posted 16 December 2012 - 19:18

GSP vs. Diaz is official for UFC 158.

The UFC announced Georges St-Pierre will defend his UFC welterweight title against Nick Diaz at UFC 158 on March 16 at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

The GSP title defense is just one of several welterweight matches that were announced Saturday night.

Rory MacDonald will try to avenge the lone loss of his MMA career when he squares off against Carlos Condit. MacDonald lost to Condit via third-round TKO at UFC 115 on June 12, 2010 in Vancouver.

Johny Hendricks, who voiced his displeasure with St-Pierre for wanting to fight Diaz next this past Monday on The MMA Hour, will battle Jake Ellenberger. Hendricks has won his five previous fights, including a 46-second knockout of Martin Kampmann in his last Octagon appearance at UFC 154, while Jake Ellenberger has won four of his previous five fights.

The last fight that was announced will be a rematch between Alessio Sakara and Patrick Cote. Cote got the win at UFC 154 when Sakara was disqualified for illegal strikes to the back of Cote's head.

http://www.mmafighti...ard-gsp-vs-diaz

#2 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,323 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 16 December 2012 - 22:19

Posted Image

We are currently 90 days away, lots of things can happen. They're wisely doing it in Canada to step around the licensing issue with Diaz.

#3 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,947 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 23:32

I thought cry baby Diaz retired because he didn't get the title shot last time he fought?

#4 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,323 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 23:54

I thought cry baby Diaz retired because he didn't get the title shot last time he fought?

He had his shot, he lost it, he got it back again and then he fought Penn due to both Condit and GSP being injured. He then lost to Condit and got suspended because he couldn't stop smoking weed during his training camp.

It's a big money fight. A canadian PPV card headlined by GSP against the only guy he has expressed some kind of "emotion" against since Serra? $$$$$$$$. Hendricks couldn't pull that off because he has no narrative, he's just an amazing fighter.

Every new PPV sways the balance of Sport vs Entertainment to the Entertainment side because the UFC is in it to make money.

#5 +mikebiacsi

mikebiacsi

You can't hack me, i got Norton.

• 2,143 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:08

Heres to GSP kicking the crap out of diaz! Nice to see MacDonald getting his shot against Condit too.

#6 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 122,134 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 16:35

The two started by claiming respect for one another as fighters and opponents. Diaz attempted to explain that the reason he often comes off as angry is to garner the attention that he feels he doesn't get for his skill.

"I just think that I should be given the credit that I deserve and that GSP should be given the decorated opponent that he deserves, and I'm hardly that from the fans' perspective," said Diaz about his controversial title shot. "That makes me pretty angry. I think that Georges is going to appreciate that and I think he knows I'm the right guy to be in this position."

About 25 minutes into the call, a reporter asked St-Pierre if he felt he was "pampered," as Diaz had claimed. Diaz saw fit to answer, "I hope so, m$()@#*r!" he yelled. "If I had that much money, I'd be f$*&*% pampering myself the f%(*) up!"

"Let me tell you something, uneducated fool," responded the normally mild-mannered St-Pierre, once he was finally able to get in a word. "I've not always been rich. I started from the bottom and I worked very hard to be where I am right now."

http://www.ufc.com/n...conference-call

#7 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,323 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 21:02

Imagine a world where Nick Diaz doesn't smoke so much weed.

#8 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 122,134 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 21:16

#9 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,323 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 21:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJYqQA2tejY

Nick is completely bonkers. Also, he's not 100% sure he'll be able to pass the mandatory drug test. Oh :pinch:

#10 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,323 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 21:27

Here is the complete card:

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Reuben Duran vs. George Roop
TJ Dillashaw vs. Issei Tamura
Quinn Mulhern vs. Rick Story

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Daron Cruickshank vs. John Makdessi
Jordan Mein vs. Dan Miller
Antonio Carvalho vs. Darren Elkins
Patrick Côté vs. Bobby Voelker

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Colin Fletcher vs. Mike Ricci
Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring
Jake Ellenberger vs. Nate Marquardt
Carlos Condit vs. Johny Hendricks
Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz

Rick Story took quite a tumble from being on the Main Card to fighting on Facebook. That's especially harsh when they're putting a guy like Mike Ricci on the Main Card against Colin Fletcher, a battle of the last TUF season losers. Maybe he'll end up on the televised part of the event if he gets a nice finish.

#11 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,947 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:39

Nick is completely bonkers. Also, he's not 100% sure he'll be able to pass the mandatory drug test. Oh :pinch:

I think it would be pretty funny if he didn't pass.

#12 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,323 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:14

I think it would be pretty funny if he didn't pass.

Imagine if, somehow, Nick Diaz beat GSP. He has just beaten the best WW fighter of all time, possibly the #2 P4P fighter of all time... and then he fails the goddamn drug test and it gets overturned to a NC.
That would be a catastrophe. Luckily for the UFC, GSP has said he will put a beating on him and will probably knoc... 50-45.

#13 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 122,134 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 14:58

This is going to be a good fight, a slobberknocker as JR would say :p

#14 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,323 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 21:21

This is going to be a good fight, a slobberknocker as JR would say :p

GSP is going to do his best Klitschko impression and jab Diaz to death. Carlos Condit vs. Johny Hendricks on the other hand...

#15 dippednbutter

dippednbutter

Neowinian

• 998 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 22:10

Did you guys buy your wolf tickets?