#16 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,321 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:21

Did you guys buy your wolf tickets?

I had to look that up and what do you know
"Nick Diaz accuses Dana White and Georges St. Pierre of selling fans 'wolf tickets' to UFC 158"
But here's the funny part: "By Jesse Holland on Mar 14 2013, 4:20p"
OK, it's not THAT funny.

#17 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,366 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:36

I guess I'm the only one that actually would like for Diaz to beat GSP, it would much things up nicely in the MMA world, of course GSP wins the rematch, and a tossup for the final fight, wouldn't care if Diaz or GSP were to win at that point

#18 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 5,253 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:46

not a big fan of GSP but heres hoping GSP keeps the belt so we can see GSP SILVA. Losing would totally destroy that match if it ever happened.

#19 dippednbutter

dippednbutter

Neowinian

• 998 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:51

I had to look that up and what do you know
"Nick Diaz accuses Dana White and Georges St. Pierre of selling fans 'wolf tickets' to UFC 158"
But here's the funny part: "By Jesse Holland on Mar 14 2013, 4:20p"
OK, it's not THAT funny.

I looked it up on urban because it was new to me but the meaning is different. Funny stuff though. Nick is out there but I will always root for those fighters. War Diaz, youre pretty deep in gsps head. Hope it works out lol

#20 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,321 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:44

I guess I'm the only one that actually would like for Diaz to beat GSP, it would much things up nicely in the MMA world, of course GSP wins the rematch, and a tossup for the final fight, wouldn't care if Diaz or GSP were to win at that point

For a challenger to pull an upset, especially one of this magnitude, it's always good for MMA since it shakes things up. Diaz has the tools to win, but Henderson and Condit have already shown that if you don't fight a Diaz's fight, they can't beat you. GSP can keep Nick at a distance with the jab, take him down and keep control, he just has to keep himself from getting boxed in against the cage.

not a big fan of GSP but heres hoping GSP keeps the belt so we can see GSP SILVA. Losing would totally destroy that match if it ever happened.

You're more likely to see GSP vs Silva if GSP loses the belt, so root for Diaz. If GSP loses his belt and it's dominant (no immediate rematch), he would be more easily persuaded to move up a weight class to fight Silva. If GSP keeps it and Hendricks beats Condit, Hendricks should have a shot at the title because he really deserves that change. And GSP would probably oblige him.

I looked it up on urban because it was new to me but the meaning is different. Funny stuff though. Nick is out there but I will always root for those fighters. War Diaz, youre pretty deep in gsps head. Hope it works out lol

Not likely... Still, I hope we get to see a great fight.

#21 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,896 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:17

Imagine if, somehow, Nick Diaz beat GSP. He has just beaten the best WW fighter of all time, possibly the #2 P4P fighter of all time... and then he fails the goddamn drug test and it gets overturned to a NC.
That would be a catastrophe. Luckily for the UFC, GSP has said he will put a beating on him and will probably knoc... 50-45.

Spoiler
:rofl:

#22 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,321 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:09

Spoiler
:rofl:

Was there ever any doubt? :cool:

Also, next TUF season is being coached by Rousey vs the winner of Tate vs Zingano (most likely Tate). That's cool.

#23 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

• 5,366 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 13:53

I havn't watched the fight yet but I really wanted Nick to win since I have been a fan of his arrogance for quite some time now :D

#24 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,321 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 18:05

Nick Diaz following UFC 158: 'I've never paid taxes in my life, I'm probably gonna go to jail'

You put 2 and 2 together and it seems pretty clear to me that Cesar Gracie is ripping Nick Diaz off big time seeing how he still struggles with his finances despite making >800K last year.

#25 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 5,253 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 19:16

Also, next TUF season is being coached by Rousey vs the winner of Tate vs Zingano (most likely Tate). That's cool.

not watching.women fighting in the UFC is the stupidest thing ive ever seen. Its not showcasing talent. Its 2013 if i want to see ###### and ass I can use the internet,i don't have to wait for the UFC to show me ugly women hugging and jumping on each other. I mean Rousey has finished all her 9 fights in an armbar. No one has the ability to defend against an armbar? You'd think the last few opponents would really master defending that. It really shows the lack of talent in the womens division,and what kind of sideshow the UFC is putting on.

#26 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,321 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 20:06

not watching.women fighting in the UFC is the stupidest thing ive ever seen. Its not showcasing talent. Its 2013 if i want to see ###### and ass I can use the internet,i don't have to wait for the UFC to show me ugly women hugging and jumping on each other. I mean Rousey has finished all her 9 fights in an armbar. No one has the ability to defend against an armbar? You'd think the last few opponents would really master defending that. It really shows the lack of talent in the womens division,and what kind of sideshow the UFC is putting on.

Are you for real? :rolleyes:

#27 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,896 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:38

Was there ever any doubt? :cool:

I don't think there was ever any. It's just amusing it's become so predictable.

#28 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

• 5,366 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:32

I havn't watched the fight yet but I really wanted Nick to win since I have been a fan of his arrogance for quite some time now :D

Ok - watched it last night. I felt really frustrated for Nick as GSP has obviously done alot of work on how to keep Nick on the floor and incapacitated. I really hope Nick doesn't retire

#29 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,321 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:09

Ok - watched it last night. I felt really frustrated for Nick as GSP has obviously done alot of work on how to keep Nick on the floor and incapacitated. I really hope Nick doesn't retire

He won't. Even if he wanted too. He's financially in the same situation as Manny Pacquiao (albeit with a few zeros less) and must keep fighting to support himself. Do you really see Diaz heading up his own gym or some other type of post-UFC career? Combine that with that little tidbit about taxes and his financial future looks pretty grim.