Logitech Z623 vs Audio Engine A2

10 members have voted

1. 1. Better speakers?

• Logitech Z623
    • AudioEngine A2

I listened to those Logitech speakers a couple days ago at Staples. They actually had pretty good sound and good bass.

Not even close to my 3D soundbar and sub, but good for the low price I'd say, plus Logitech makes nice stuff.

The A2 and A5 far exceed typical "computer speakers" like what Logitech does, in sound quality at least. Of course 2" woofers won't beat a dedicated subwoofer in bass output, so it depends what type of listener you are. If it's fidelity you're after, A2, if it's power, Z623.

The A2 and A5 far exceed typical "computer speakers" like what Logitech does, in sound quality at least. Of course 2" woofers won't beat a dedicated subwoofer in bass output, so it depends what type of listener you are. If it's fidelity you're after, A2, if it's power, Z623.

well said

Logitech is known for bombastic bass, it's enjoyable if you are a gamer and like to "feel" explosions.

If you like to listen more seriously music the audioengine A2. Although the audioengine A5 is more recommended.

Take the audioengine A2 if you want to save space, otherwise you might enjoy bigger speakers (and eventually with a subwoofer).

I have also the altec lansing fx-6021 and I think I prefer them to the audio engine a2, but they take more space.

Also a warning regarding the audioengine a2: you have to position them properly in order to get best sound,

otherwise you might find them "fatiguing" (in you face bass).

I'd recommend the Logitech, purely because I have the Z3 - 2.1 speaker system, and had an arguement with a guy in My nearest Apple Store, who kept tyring to sell me the Bose Companion 2.1, My Z3 blew them out of the water in bass, tho the sound clarity wasn't as good, but then again, with how much the Bose were going to cost, I could have bought 4 sets of Z3's (at that time). Personally, unless you're a hardcore music fan, (by this I mean you REALLY Love your music, in which case, a good quality amplifier and a really decent set of speakers, I think TEAC does a really nice set that are small enough to be used next to a desktop monitor) you're not going to miss the sacrifice of finer sound for that price point.

by this I mean you REALLY Love your music

Yeah that'd be me. All I do is... look for, read about, download, and listen to music, non stop, 24/7.

I've been threw many stereos over the years, with some damn good speaker, and have had many types of computer speakers, and I'd say my LG 3D Soundbar/Wireless Sub, has got to be the best so far. The sound is incredible. Every note from every instrument is so clear and detailed, and the bass is absolutely phenomenal.

• Like 1

I'd recommend the Logitech, purely because I have the Z3 - 2.1 speaker system, and had an arguement with a guy in My nearest Apple Store, who kept tyring to sell me the Bose Companion 2.1, My Z3 blew them out of the water in bass, tho the sound clarity wasn't as good, but then again, with how much the Bose were going to cost, I could have bought 4 sets of Z3's (at that time).

But Bose is regularly bashed by "so called" audiophiles. Some say BOSE is an acronym of "buy other sound equipment".

Bose is all about marketing, they repeat everywhere they are the best, and some believe it.

You might find more info at head-fi, here's a thread discussing about the Logitech z623.

http://www.head-fi.o...t-of-the-titans

Personally I'd buy neither of these speakers. If you have space on your desktop, just could buy for instance harmann soundsticks 2.1.

Logitech is just a mass market brand not very specialized for audio.

But Bose is regularly bashed by "so called" audiophiles. Some say BOSE is an acronym of "buy other sound equipment".

Bose is all about marketing, they repeat everywhere they are the best, and some believe it.

You might find more info at head-fi, here's a thread discussing about the Logitech z623.

http://www.head-fi.o...t-of-the-titans

Personally I'd buy neither of these speakers. If you have space on your desktop, just could buy for instance harmann soundsticks 2.1.

Logitech is just a mass market brand not very specialized for audio.

So why are you having a go at me about this? I'm not the one buying the speakers, I only gave a recommendation.

I don't hate Bose, it just happened that the 2.1 I was demonstrated wasn't good enough to justify the ?300 UK Price tag, when my Z3's were ?80ish UK at the time.

Also I happen to own a pair of B&W DM 604's for my living room, so I do know good sound when I hear it, although I do need to get another RB06 for them.

I don't hate Bose, it just happened that the 2.1 I was demonstrated wasn't good enough to justify the ?300 UK Price tag, when my Z3's were ?80ish UK at the time.

I meant Bose is often overpriced , so it's not surprising if you prefer a cheaper alternative. I also meant, Bose is not the audiophile reference it claims to be.

I meant Bose is often overpriced , so it's not surprising if you prefer a cheaper alternative. I also meant, Bose is not the audiophile reference it claims to be.

Oh ok, my misunderstanding, although the sound difference from my Z3 campared to the Bose was minimal, the Bose had a little more clarity, but again, the difference wasn't worth the extra ?220 ish difference.