Nintendo Land and why I feel Nintendo has lost me

Reportedly weaker CPU than the 360. Half of that 2GB is reserved for the OS at this point. The extra graphics power is likely abused when driving two screens.

I wanted the Wii U but everything I've heard about it sounds like a giant cluster****, so I'm passing.

The CPU is not weaker than the 360. It's a Pentium 3 vs Pentium 4 ordeal here. They're different.

I looked at new super mario bros. wii and it looked awful, absolutely nothing like SMW.

Which is why I'm glad I've got a SNES, a flashcart and loads of SMW hacks :D

uh huh, you obviosuly didn't play it then... because its exactly like the old SMW

The CPU is not weaker than the 360. It's a Pentium 3 vs Pentium 4 ordeal here. They're different.

The developers have said it's weaker, and I'm not going to argue with them. Prove to me that it's not weaker and we'll be in business.

Also the Pentium 4 was crap.

The developers have said it's weaker, and I'm not going to argue with them. Prove to me that it's not weaker and we'll be in business.

Also the Pentium 4 was crap.

The Xenon (360 processor) is the Pentium 4 in my above example...

You can't judge two different processor architectures so easily. Both the 360's and the Wii U's processors are probably about roughly equal overall.

For reference, the processor in the Wii U is a PPC 750CL derivative with three cores clocked at around 1.24 GHz.

The WiiU has Everything i want in a console = Fun GAMES

I play games for FUN not because a rocket launcher Dismembered a body in such a real way i thought it was REAL HD Video.

i play the WiiU because nintendo KNOWS how to make FUN games

and over the last 20 YEARS Nintendo has Proven it knows what its doing .

if you are a big boy and want SPECS to back up your COD 5,6,7,8, COD Black ops 3,4,5,6 and MW4 ,5,6 the WiiU is not for you and this is not the topic for you to post in.

1 grab four friends

2 play nintendo land

3 have endless fun

If you have friends that are competitive then Nintendo land is awesome. Sure the single player stuff is just so-so. But my friends and I played one of the games so many times we started coming up with our own ways to play within the game. We didn't change the rules just ignored what we were suppose to do.

Reportedly weaker CPU than the 360. Half of that 2GB is reserved for the OS at this point. The extra graphics power is likely abused when driving two screens.

I wanted the Wii U but everything I've heard about it sounds like a giant cluster****, so I'm passing.

I believe I read that while the chips are different and cannot be directly compared, the Wii U has terrible memory access, which sort of negates having so much of it. The two factors balance each other out to something similar to the PS3/360 at 1080p instead of 720p.

Yogurt, I am just curious.. which games from 360/PS3 do you like? or introduced new gameplay that you seem to want so bad? Considering you haven't actually played any of these Wii U games.. how do you know the gameplay is innovated?..

I have the Wii U and the game New Super Mario Bros. U.

A friend and I, in co-operative mode, managed to complete EVERYTHING in that game (with all 5 stars in the save file) in 3 weeks - from Nov 18th to Dec 9th.

The penultimate course - Superstar Road-8, called Pendulum Castle, is the HARDEST level ever, with small and gigantic spiked pendulums (free-weight swinging balls) and "donut lift" floors (you stand on that for like 3 seconds and it'll drop). It's just like World 9-7 in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, in terms of difficulty (with the fire Piranha Plants and the thin ice in a snowy forest). And, yes I beat NSMBW with all 5 SPARKLING stars in the save file.

I'd like to see you beat it. Sorry for spoiling the surprise, but since you complained ...

if you are a big boy and want SPECS to back up your COD 5,6,7,8, COD Black ops 3,4,5,6 and MW4 ,5,6 the WiiU is not for you and this is not the topic for you to post in.

'I don't have an actual argument so I'm going to insult you by talking about games you don't even play'

ok. All consoles have fun games. That doesn't mean I'm going to buy them all.

• Like 1

The review for ZombiU on The Escapist pretty much sums up my issues with the WiiU. I hadn't even heard about the issues with battery life, but it makes sense given that it's basically a tablet with a constant wireless connection.

i bought the Wii U simply as a toy. I've played Nintendo Land quite a few times now, but it's not something im going to repeatedly return to play. it's designed to show off what the Wii U can do. that's it.

honestly, though, Nintendo has a long way to go w/ the Wii U. it should be a great system but it's pretty flawed right now.

The review for ZombiU on The Escapist pretty much sums up my issues with the WiiU. I hadn't even heard about the issues with battery life, but it makes sense given that it's basically a tablet with a constant wireless connection.

So what's this complaint you've personally come across after hours of your own playing? :p Seriously though, it is an experience you have to go through, and unless you have an aversion to fun there's not much going against it.

So what's this complaint you've personally come across after hours of your own playing? :p Seriously though, it is an experience you have to go through, and unless you have an aversion to fun there's not much going against it.

The main issue is that I'm not a fan of consoles. I don't mind using controllers for some games but even for games like Batman: Arkham City I find them cumbersome and a tablet controller certainly isn't going to improve that. And because I've always been a PC gamer I'm used to much better graphics than those available on console, especially as the X360, PS3 and WiiU are pretty dated in terms of hardware. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Wii despite its limitations and it's an absolute storm at parties but - like the WiiU - it's just not something I'd spend money on myself.

I do hope that Nintendo can get some decent games that make good use of the controller. Asymmetric gaming certainly has some potential, particularly with the arcade-style games that appeal to the casual-core audience crossover but right now we're just seeing basic ports with a few gimmicks thrown in, rather than truly compelling uses of the new controller. I'm really surprised that Nintendo's first party titles look like upscaled Wii games when the hardware is a lot more capable than that.

It's not just me, though. The video for Wii Fit U has as many negative votes as it does positive votes:

To me that just looks like they upscaled the graphics from the original game and they really weren't good at the time. And Super Mario Bros U looks like a Facebook game.

And then compare that to core games on other platforms, like Star Wars 1313:

or Far Cry 3:

There's nothing inherently wrong with the Wii U - aside from its hardware, which is pretty dated now - but the games support just isn't there, nor do we see much in the way of multiplatform gaming - most current and upcoming releases are still X360, PS3 and PC. There's no WiiU version of Tomb Raider, Metro: Last Light, GTAV, Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 - they're pretty major omissions. I apologise if I come across as overly negative, as I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, but it just doesn't really appeal to me as a platform.