Photo

Why are pages shifted towards the left in Word?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 OP pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

Posted 18 December 2012 - 15:15

Word is WYSIWYG: what you see is what you get. I can be quite certain that the file will appear the same in all versions of Word.

I misspoke, I ment what the other person will problably see instead of receive,

If you are writing a Word tutorial, then work in windowed mode instead (not full screen), or just temporarily set your screen to a lower resolution.

It's not a bug - how does it effect how you use Word?

It effects clearly because its not "natural" seeing one page shifted towards the left.

Not sure you understand what a bug is then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug
From the first line:

"A software bug is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways."

This is a error, a flaw, a mistake and a fault in a computer program that produces an incorrect or unexpected result.

Seems like a bug to me :)

Theres something you guys might have missed.

This DID NOT happen before when the zoom was at 100%, I was using the same resolution, and with one page. As a matter of fact, it eventually goes away and goes back to normal. One of the reasons I repeat it seems like a bug.

#17 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 18 December 2012 - 15:18

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Software_bug
From the first line:

"A software bug is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways."

This is a error, a flaw, a mistake and a fault in a computer program that produces an incorrect or unexpected result.

But that is the expected result, just because you don;t like it like that, doesn't make it a bug, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

#18 Ambroos

Ambroos

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 18 December 2012 - 15:26

I usually open up the navigation pane and set it just wide enough to only get one page at a time. I think it's a bit annoying that Word shows two pages side-by-side too.

#19 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 18 December 2012 - 15:30

Must be the damn commie pigs!!!

They also took over Youtube!

Glassed Silver:mac

#20 RandPC

RandPC

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 18 December 2012 - 15:44

Click on the 'View' tab, make sure your in the 'Print Screen' document view then click on 'One Page' which is roughly in the middle of the options on the view tab. That'll tell word to use one page and center it, you can set it back to two page layout there as well, or an option to maximize page width.

#21 oliver182

oliver182

Neowinian

• Phone: Alcatel OneTouch Idol Ultra

Posted 18 December 2012 - 15:55

Vista = Zoom

You=Wrong

#22 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 18 December 2012 - 16:05

I had the same problem at home once. I would like to help you but i was never able to resolve it. The problem was resolved when i re-installed Windows and Office. I'm almost sure i'm using the same settins i was when i had the problem.