Rude toy upsets mum

An angry mother has hit out after a toy she bought in Preston played a song containing swear words.

Daniella Gibirdi, 19, bought three of the flashing butterfly toys, one for her one-year-old daughter, Evie and one each for her niece and god daughter.

During last month?s Christmas lights switch on the children just used the light up function on the toy to wave them in the air.

But when Daniella turned the toy on at home she was alarmed to hear a song play out of it with the lyrics ?We are f*****g perfect.?

Daniella and Evie?s dad Liam, 21, were shocked with the profanities come from the toy.

The stay-at-home mum said today: ?I was devastated. I went mad.

?I rang up Preston council and they said they couldn?t do anything about it and that I should ring trading standards.

?They said they (the seller) hadn?t broken the law and there was nothing they could about it - even though it is morally wrong.?

Daniella immediately phoned up her sister, Jade Jones, 23, to tell her about the toy.

And it turned out that the toy Jade had for her daughter Myla, also one, and the one she bought for her god-daughter said the swear word too.

Daniella said: ?I said to the man that it was for my daughter, niece and goddaughter.

?I asked which one he thought was best and he said this one with the butterflies.?

Daniella said that she wants to alert other people to the issue in case they, like her, hadn?t turned the song function of the toy on whilst at the market.

She said: ?I don?t want to get anything out of it. I want people to know if they have got this for their daughters, I want them to know what happens when you turn it on.

?Especially older children - they pick up everything they hear.?

The Christmas lights switch on event was organised by the Preston Business Improvement District, who today said they had no association with the trader.

It is believed the trader just pitched up on the day and hadn?t been authorised to attend.

Mark Whittle from the Preston Business Improvement District said: ?We keep very tight controls over who is joining us at these events.

?If we do find out, and I don?t know how we will do this, but he will be banned from attending any of our other events.?

Source

Mark Whittle from the Preston Business Improvement District said: ?We keep very tight controls over who is joining us at these events.

?If we do find out, and I don?t know how we will do this, but he will be banned from attending any of our other events.?

Oh noes!!!

Haha would be interested to hear this.

lol how much do we wanna bet that the mom swears in front of the kid on more then one occasion but gets uptight when a toy does it.

lol how much do we wanna bet that the mom swears in front of the kid on more then one occasion but gets uptight when a toy does it.

Exactly what I am thinking! :D

She said: ?I don?t want to get anything out of it. I want people to know if they have got this for their daughters, I want them to know what happens when you turn it on.

Fair play - she's not doing the "Compensate me" nonsense.

Based upon...?

*yawn*... someone got upset... people get upset all the time, often over nothing. Hardly news.

Let me guess, you don't have kids right?

Considering she's 19 and she already has a kid, I'm inclined to agree. And after Googling her name and coming across her Twitter, I'd say 99.9% yes.

Daniella and Evie?s dad Liam, 21, were shocked with the profanities come from the toy.

The stay-at-home mum said today: ?I was devastated. I went mad.

What a sheltered life she leads.

Wont somebody think of the mothers?!

--

I mean seriously, she heard it, take it away from the kid and try to return it for a refund, it's only a problem

and hurts the child when she herself overreacts in front of the kid, she did more damage than the toy ever could.

Always funny. Here in Belgium people swear all the time on the radio and TV, no matter what channel or time of day. When you stop treating those things as offensive they stop being offensive and people stop using them to try offend you. By making a huge scene about it you basically empower the word.

I don't see what that has to do with this :p

Every day you read a story about someone overreacting to something or another and making a bfd where it isn't necessary. What happened to actual news?

I don't see what that has to do with this :p

It has everything to do with it. If you had a child who you bought a Barney or Elmo for which your child adored, but then it started spouting F*** YOU, I'd put money on you complaining to the store you bought the toy from and/or the manufacturer.

It has everything to do with it. If you had a child who you bought a Barney or Elmo for which your child adored, but then it started spouting F*** YOU, I'd put money on you complaining to the store you bought the toy from and/or the manufacturer.

I wouldn't buy a toy without testing it first in the store (mostly to make sure the sound/voice coming out of it wasn't going to drive me insane after hearing it over and over for a while in my house), nor would I make a big deal about it in front of the kid if they did happen to get hold of something that spouted obscene language. Same thing if they hear it on TV or out in the streets. If you attach importance to a word in the form of a big fit over it, of course they're going to latch onto it. If not, they won't pay any attention.

• Like 2

Regardless, it's still not news worthy.

Yes because having kids always mean you know how to teach kids.

Because F*** YOU means the same as "We are f****** perfect!"

These are from her twitter:

@DaniellaGibirdi: Bed time , night all lots of love . Even to the d*** heads I'm feeling extra nice
@DaniellaGibirdi: Really should remember to tweet .... I'm too lazy for this shittt
@DaniellaGibirdi: Possibly the most horrible dream ever lastnight . Head f**k
@DaniellaGibirdi: @RebeccaPollard2 I'm not ! That's why I said text me . f***ing hellllll

So, yeah, I am definitely willing to bet she swears in front of her child. This isn't news, it is a teenager whining to get attention.

*yawn*... someone got upset... people get upset all the time, often over nothing. Hardly news.

Yes those darn neowin mods get up ....I mean people get upset over swear words. :D

Yes those darn neowin mods get up ....I mean people get upset over swear words. :D

I don't make the **** rules, I just ******* enforce them :shifty:

• Like 2

I don't make the **** rules, I just ******* enforce them :shifty:

We need a f**** riot of the mob ...mods!

Glassed Silver:mac