help

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 OP jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 18 December 2012 - 15:45

While I am getting a warranty, the VT50 has been on the market for a good amount of time so I expect there to be a new model released in the coming months (perhaps shown at CES in Jan?).
Amazon is running a deal right now for $500 gift card with the purchase so that usually means clearing stock.

@ Ambroos - I have a few bluray players... (PS3, 3d Sony, and a 3d Panasonic) - everything goes through a receiver so I havent run into any handshake issues and rarely use the CEC features since my primary remote is the one for my cablebox. Going to read some more reviews on the Samsung/Sony LEDs and also check out some of the plasmas from Samsung before I order.

Thanks everyone for your input so far.

#17 OP jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 02 January 2013 - 16:17

Just to update/close out the thread. I ended up purchasing the Panasonic VT50 55". TV was delivered on the 26th by Amazon and it has exceeded my expectations in every way. I think I will def get the calibration done once I have passed my 100 hours of break in. I cant imagine the picture getting that much better but I want to get the most out of this tv. Only bluray I checked out so far was Finding Nemo and it looked incredible, I have yet to check out 3d as I dont feel like shelling out an extra $120 on 2 pairs of glasses (even though I have 30+ 3d blurays).

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!