Official: Replacement Nexus 4's pushed back to '3-5' weeks

nexus 4 google play store support terrible service

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 dnast

dnast

Long-winded

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:11

I'm glad somebody gets this and how frustrating it has been :D. Yes! This! Exactly!

Hey, I'm glad you got the chance to vent. As much as I love using Android right now, I can't go along with people thinking your current situation is something where you "just deal with it".

Kudos to you for switching from iOS and still being so cool-headed and open-minded about your non-optimal Google/Android experience so far.

#32 OP Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 22 December 2012 - 20:45

Got my replacement Nexus 4 yesterday evening. They also removed the $350 hold off my CC yesterday (what a relief).

So far I'm loving the N4. Haven't had any issues with it yet, but already digging through forums on tips for improving battery life...lol, oh well. Looks like there are some custom kernel solution. I might look into those next weekend after I'm sure I don't have any underlying issues with my replacement hardware.

#33 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 23 December 2012 - 16:26

Got my replacement Nexus 4 yesterday evening. They also removed the $350 hold off my CC yesterday (what a relief).

So far I'm loving the N4. Haven't had any issues with it yet, but already digging through forums on tips for improving battery life...lol, oh well. Looks like there are some custom kernel solution. I might look into those next weekend after I'm sure I don't have any underlying issues with my replacement hardware.

Check the manufacturing date and hardware revision of your Nexus 4. Also you should check the SoC binning.

#34 OP Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 December 2012 - 18:05

Check the manufacturing date and hardware revision of your Nexus 4. Also you should check the SoC binning.

I'll check the soc binning after I root sometime this week. The box SN was 212K so I guess that is December 2012 Korea.

#35 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 23 December 2012 - 18:42

I'll check the soc binning after I root sometime this week. The box SN was 212K so I guess that is December 2012 Korea.

For rooting you better do it the first thing. Because it'll require you unlock and wipe data.

#36 typu

typu

Neowinian

Posted 23 December 2012 - 18:57

weird. my country does not officially offer the nexus 4 but some of our online shops have it on stock tenfold. all their pick up locations have large stock and i picked one up yesterday. the device is really really nice. i prefer it over any other phone.

hopefully you get it soon too

#37 OP Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 December 2012 - 17:01

For rooting you better do it the first thing. Because it'll require you unlock and wipe data.

Ok... Unlocked and rooted. Installed terminal and it got super user access w/o any problems. 'dmesg' doesn't have that line or anything like that. I looked through the output and tried grep-ing other obvious strings so I know I have the syntax right.

#38 TheElite

TheElite

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 December 2012 - 17:17

Rooting doesn't wipe data. It's the unlocking of the bootloader that wipes the data.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!