Official: Replacement Nexus 4's pushed back to '3-5' weeks

People are talking bad about LG but my old phone which was a lg gw620(aka eve) android phone was very good and survived all the drops and even a dive :p

I also would be frustrated with the $350 hold on the CC after already paying for the phone. That part doesn't even make sense to me. They've already charged you for the phone, but now that you need to return it they put a hold on an additional $350? I'd understand if they shipped the replacement right away without yet receiving the defective phone, but whatever... I hope your luck turns around soon.

A company would be stupid if they didn't, it would be largely abused in no time and cost them a lot and so indirectly make their products more expensive...

Did you OEM unlock the device? I had my Nexus 4 stuck at the Google screen and was able to fix it by re-flashing the factory image but that still did not work.

I had to UNLOCK, flash factory image, then relock and the nexus came back to life. I think Google pulled the factory images in regards to this bootloop not any LTE stuff.

If you can get to you bootloader on a Nexus it is far form bricked.

If not from unlocking did you get an recent OTA update?

Did you OEM unlock the device? I had my Nexus 4 stuck at the Google screen and was able to fix it by re-flashing the factory image but that still did not work.

I had to UNLOCK, flash factory image, then relock and the nexus came back to life. I think Google pulled the factory images in regards to this bootloop not any LTE stuff.

If you can get to you bootloader on a Nexus it is far form bricked.

If not from unlocking did you get an recent OTA update?

Well, Google already has my defective Nexus 4 because I shipped it immediately. I did read that they pulled the firmware last week but they haven't really come out and said why. I wondered if it was related to the problem I had as well.

Someone on The Verge forum recommended downloading the Nexus 4 Tools and doing what you describe but they weren't sure if it would fix the problem. If I would have read somewhere that doing this would fix the phone I probably would have tried it. I guess I should have held onto my hardware but the Google support rep made it sound like they would for sure ship something Monday or Tuesday of last week.

People are talking bad about LG but my old phone which was a lg gw620(aka eve) android phone was very good and survived all the drops and even a dive :p

A company would be stupid if they didn't, it would be largely abused in no time and cost them a lot and so indirectly make their products more expensive...

Its reasonable to tell the customer that they will be charged using the credit card that is on file if they fail to return the defective hardware within 30 or so days. Placing a hold on the card is a little more extreme (and really isn't common in my experience), but that is understandable too... however, I would say that if a company is going to go as far as to place a hold on your credit card then they should at least have the decency to promptly process your return.

If they sent the replacement without the hold or the defective item, yeah that might be stupid (though some companies actually do this). However, they didn't ship anything and they have had his phone for a while now so there's really no reason for a hold on his card. Right now they have his phone and $700 of his money is unavailable to him (for now) and he has nothing to show for it.

If they sent the replacement without the hold or the defective item, yeah that might be stupid (though some companies actually do this). However, they didn't ship anything and they have had his phone for a while now so there's really no reason for a hold on his card. Right now they have his phone and $700 of his money is unavailable to him (for now) and he has nothing to show for it.

I'm glad somebody gets this and how frustrating it has been :D. Yes! This! Exactly!

I'm glad somebody gets this and how frustrating it has been :D. Yes! This! Exactly!

Hey, I'm glad you got the chance to vent. As much as I love using Android right now, I can't go along with people thinking your current situation is something where you "just deal with it".

Kudos to you for switching from iOS and still being so cool-headed and open-minded about your non-optimal Google/Android experience so far.

Got my replacement Nexus 4 yesterday evening. They also removed the $350 hold off my CC yesterday (what a relief).

So far I'm loving the N4. Haven't had any issues with it yet, but already digging through forums on tips for improving battery life...lol, oh well. Looks like there are some custom kernel solution. I might look into those next weekend after I'm sure I don't have any underlying issues with my replacement hardware.

Got my replacement Nexus 4 yesterday evening. They also removed the $350 hold off my CC yesterday (what a relief).

So far I'm loving the N4. Haven't had any issues with it yet, but already digging through forums on tips for improving battery life...lol, oh well. Looks like there are some custom kernel solution. I might look into those next weekend after I'm sure I don't have any underlying issues with my replacement hardware.

Check the manufacturing date and hardware revision of your Nexus 4. Also you should check the SoC binning.

I'll check the soc binning after I root sometime this week. The box SN was 212K so I guess that is December 2012 Korea.

For rooting you better do it the first thing. Because it'll require you unlock and wipe data.

weird. my country does not officially offer the nexus 4 but some of our online shops have it on stock tenfold. all their pick up locations have large stock and i picked one up yesterday. the device is really really nice. i prefer it over any other phone.

hopefully you get it soon too

For rooting you better do it the first thing. Because it'll require you unlock and wipe data.

Ok... Unlocked and rooted. Installed terminal and it got super user access w/o any problems. 'dmesg' doesn't have that line or anything like that. I looked through the output and tried grep-ing other obvious strings so I know I have the syntax right.