Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

@ Frank B.

Bump? (I hate bumping threads, but I need my minecraft fix.....lol)

:drool:  :iiam:  :(

The server is back up. No idea why it was down to begin with.

Sorry for the delay, I've only now got up.

PSA:

The server has been upgraded to a Craftbukkit/Spigot 1.8.6 snapshot, and WorldEdit (ops-only plug-in) has been added. If you notice anything amiss, or any weird glitches, let me know.

Did you

PSA:

The server has been upgraded to a Craftbukkit/Spigot 1.8.6 snapshot, and WorldEdit (ops-only plug-in) has been added. If you notice anything amiss, or any weird glitches, let me know.

Did you by any chance make a backup just in case?

-Forjo

:D this is awesome! my username is Luke31500

Whitelisted.

Forjo: I neglected to create a backup I must admit. Thankfully it all went well thus far.

PSA:

I noticed that most of my cows and all of my chickens were missing.... :/

I noticed a couple of blocks missing from the minecart tracks going from spawn to the witchfarm.  I fixed them.  Only things I've found so far. :)

And yet again some inconsiderate sh1t has come along and cut down my giant sugar cane reeds. Pretty much all of them, 31 of the 32 giants, and most of the normal ones.

Why?

And yet again some inconsiderate sh1t has come along and cut down my giant sugar cane reeds. Pretty much all of them, 31 of the 32 giants, and most of the normal ones.

Why?

Someone has been messing with builds in the spawn area. All damage has been repaired; I've checked the logs to figure out who the culprit is. Nothing 100% conclusive yet, but there is at least one suspect.

If you notice anything being griefed or missing, post here what has been affected and in which time frame.

In other news, the server is now running 1.8.7.

Why?

Frank and I noticed some things yesterday. Some quartz had been stolen from the build near spawn, the spawn nether portal was broken, and the OP offices were messed with. They didn't stray far from spawn.  We fixed what we could, but I wasn't sure about yours.  If you haven't rebuilt it by the time I come on I'll do it.

-Forjo

I'm starting to wonder if it's actually someone doing this or a glitch in the software. I noticed a lot of blocks missing around my jungle home and a block of brick missing from the corner of the home.

Just a thought.

I think there is a glitch as there is a particular line of my reeds that seems to *always* get cut whenever I log in. However in this occasion it was pretty much *all* of them which I'd never seen before.

I may just have to move the reeds and see what happens.

I found two invisible blocks at the witch farm last night. I had to use a /setblock command to get rid of them.  They were stopping two lines of the moving floor from working.  I have no idea how long they'd been there.

Other than that I'm not noticing any problems.

-Forjo

OK, so logged on today, and the same line of reeds was missing, so I decided to move them. Just chopped them all down, about to collect the many many stacks of reeds, and the server crashes. :(

Needs a prod please.

Thanks, it went back to before I cut down the reeds, so that's OK. But for some reason I've lost my Infinity bow, but I've got back the two bows I had just used to do some repairs on it.

MC gives, and MC takes away. :/

I'll probably be on in a little while.....just got to find some free wifi to mooch, lol!

I have just fixed the enderman farm and the item sorter at the bottom of the gold farm, so those should be working properly now.

I have just fixed the enderman farm and the item sorter at the bottom of the gold farm, so those should be working properly now.

What was wrong with the gold farm?

-Forjo

The item sorter had been messed up. Probably due to an overflow of items causing the filter items to flow into the chests.

The item sorter had been messed up. Probably due to an overflow of items causing the filter items to flow into the chests.

Would you like me to upgrade the filter to Impulsesv's protected design?  It's very easy to do -- take a look at the guardian farm -- I have it in place there.

-Forjo

Would you like me to upgrade the filter to Impulsesv's protected design?  It's very easy to do -- take a look at the guardian farm -- I have it in place there.

-Forjo

Thanks for the offer, but I'll do it. I did see that design when I was looking around last night, just didn't have the time to implement it.