Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Nobody was supposed to get creative on this incarnation either. It tends to happen after 6 months or so when the initial rush is well and truly over.

Nobody was supposed to get creative on this incarnation either. It tends to happen after 6 months or so when the initial rush is well and truly over.

Well it wasn't 6 months i can tell you i started from the start and it was about 3 - 4 when people started requesting creative,  I think it shouldn't be allowed at all. well apart from admins,

Or upgrade the sever to a pack from FTB or something, shame Newoin spends all this money on a server that most the time just sits there.

Well it wasn't 6 months i can tell you i started from the start and it was about 3 - 4 when people started requesting creative,  I think it shouldn't be allowed at all. well apart from admins,

Or upgrade the sever to a pack from FTB or something, shame Newoin spends all this money on a server that most the time just sits there.

I have to admit I stopped playing after the big reset, it hurt too much knowing how much work had been done and it was all gone. I've created my own custom mod pack and run it on a VM that me and a friend occasionally play. It would be very difficult to go back to vanilla now after playing with mods for so long.

I really don't want to reset the world for 1.9. What we can do is move the spawn, say, 10k away from the current spawn and start fresh while keeping the existing builds.

Creative permissions would be reset with the spawn move. 

Creeper damage and fire spread have been turned off again. I'm not entirely sure why they were suddenly on to begin with.

I went ahead and set up a primitive new spawn at x = 10,000, z = 10,000. Provided are:

• A 'hotel spawn' - intended to serve as home for the first nights before setting up your base. It also has a community storage room upstairs.
  • Small farm with wheat, potatoes, carrots
  • Animal pens with sheep, pigs, cows and chicken. 

Everything beyond these basics has to be provided by the players themselves. 

New players will spawn there from now on. If any of the existing players want to have their spawn point reset to start from scratch, let me know.

Regarding creative mode: Remember when some players used the x-ray plug-in right after the start of the server? In my opinion that right there was the point where insisting on survival had become moot, and I stopped feeling bad about giving out creative. I mean, what would have been the point when players can find whatever resources they need using x-ray anyway? 

From now on creative will be the exception, and reserved to admins. 

Those of you who still play or want to get back into playing Minecraft have a choice now: Stay at the old spawn and continue building there, or start from scratch in survival mode with an empty inventory at the new spawn. It's up to you. 

I largely resisted using creative mode, all of my buildings are 100% survival, and having XRay made almost no difference to my ability to build them. 99% of the reason I installed the XRay mod was because I wanted the flying part of it. The XRay part is only useful for collecting ores. Collecting stone, wood, soil, sand, etc are not affect XRay. Plus, given that we have both a Gold and Iron farm running, it's pretty much only Diamonds, Emeralds, and Redstone that are made easier. I only recently asked for Creative because I wanted to build my Arcade, and gathering the materials for that was just impractical in Survival. For example I needed 410 stacks of black wool. That alone would probably have taken me months and driven me nuts. In fact on another server which is FTB, I have an automated wool farm running, and that took over a month to generate that much wool.

Any news on getting Essentials running again?

Are we going to get the commands back?  (I.e.: /sethome  /spawn. Etc. )

i already built a place near the new spawn. I would like to start from scratch myself. :)

just a random question related to minecraft but not necessarily the server. does any one like modpacks like modsauce or skyfactory?

You're free to move to the new spawn. 

As for the Essentials commands: I didn't get around to looking into those yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I migrated the server from Craftbukkit to Spigot. The Essentials plug-in works again, with one curious omission: The /spawn command doesn't work. As a workaround I set warps spawn and oldspawn. 

I'll admit I've been tempted to use a 1.9 snapshot, but.. not yet. 1.9 can wait until there's a Spigot build for it.

Has anyone else noticed a bug with naming Villagers with name tags? I can name a villager just fine, and the name stays as long am I'm watching. But when I move outside the chunks, the name disappears.

hay i got a cupel friends that wont to get wight listed if thay can

LTup, Reck447, Azzeria_DLG, Schande

and we wood ink to recored sume lps if its ok

hay i got a cupel friends that wont to get wight listed if thay can

LTup, Reck447, Azzeria_DLG, Schande

and we wood ink to recored sume lps if its ok

I'm assuming you can vouch for your friends. They've been whitelisted; as for recording LPs - I don't mind if you do.

Please note that new members will spawn at the new spawn at x = 10,000, z = 10,000.

• 2 weeks later...

Just played this yesterday.....did some things to my domain, but haven't tried today.....yet....(headed to the hospital right now with a broken jaw)

• 1 month later...

So, just got back on the server just now, after an intensive buildfest on my place (last night). I was literally on for 3 minutes, then got a disconnect. Tried to reconnect, but it's not happening. Server problems?

• 4 weeks later...

I don't remember if this has been discussed but would it be possible to give access to the /fly command so that people who don't want creative and aren't already in creative can fly with out having to have xray mod installed?

I'm new to Minecraft and have just finished covering the basics in my single player game. I haven't progressed on to enchanting and alchemy yet, but I'm close as I finally found diamonds. I like playing on hard difficulty/survival and not really interested in creative mode right now or PvP. Is this a good server to play on or should I keep looking?

I'm really just looking for a server where I can spend most of my time twiddling my thumbs on my own island or something but it would be cool to occasionally run into other folks doing other things.

Ive been on it for about 2 or 3 years now i lost track and its been one of the most laid back servers there is and people are usually quite nice. there isnt many people on usually but it can be fun exploring the server and seeing what others have built