Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

• 2 weeks later...

im getting some really wierd world generations when im playing near my newer build area. these just pop up randomly no idea why at all

2016-01-28_22.56.01.png

2016-01-28_22.57.08.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mojang released the first two pre-releases of 1.9 this week, and plan to release 1.9 final on Thursday, February 25th: https://mojang.com/2016/02/minecraft-19-pre-release-1/

Spigot for 1.9 will be released the day after: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/minecraft-1-9-more-info.124273/

I am going to go ahead and update the server to Spigot for 1.9 on the next weekend. Overworld and nether will remain as is; the end will have to be reset in order to have access to the new features.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update: Spigot and the Essentials plug-in were ready faster than I had expected them to. Both are installed.

• Like 1

Can't believe how fast Spigot was. Too bad Dynmap is broke but it sounds like the dev for it is going to come out of retirement to update it for 1.9.

On 3/1/2016 at 6:23 PM, rdlenk said:

Can't believe how fast Spigot was. Too bad Dynmap is broke but it sounds like the dev for it is going to come out of retirement to update it for 1.9.

I've installed a snapshot build of Dynmap 2.3. Seems to work fine, and even shows the new 1.9 blocks. Map at the usual address:

http://mc.neowin.net:8123/

1 hour ago, Frank B. said:

I've installed a snapshot build of Dynmap 2.3. Seems to work fine, and even shows the new 1.9 blocks. Map at the usual address:

http://mc.neowin.net:8123/

Awesome, glad he came back to update it.

On 3/5/2016 at 2:59 AM, Mur said:

Have a friend who'd like to join.

Tacocelmar

Sorry, only now noticed your post. Your friend is whitelisted.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2012 at 2:07 PM, Timan said:

There may be some quirks to iron out, since we're just now starting this we have it limited to 20 slots. We can easily change this and add more resources if needed. When you first join the server, if you've not posted here with your minecraft id, you will be set in the Peon rank (Basically a guest), you will only have permission to wonder around the world, you can not interact with anything. This is to help fight griefing, and this way we can track who is who. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Tried connecting to the server but my Minecraft client is version 1.9.2 and it says the server version is still version 1.9 and won't connect.  :-(

Edit: Btw, my Minecraft username is Gerowen, same as just about every other online service I use, :-)

you will have to make sure that your client is on 1.9 or you cant connect. I had this issue as well on my own server apparently they did things a bit differently this time around. 

Ah, so now I just need to get whitelisted, :-)

Minecraft e-mail address: marcusdean.adams@gmail.com

Minecraft username: Gerowen

28 minutes ago, Gerowen said:

Ah, so now I just need to get whitelisted, :-)

Minecraft username: Gerowen

Added :) 

You only need to provide usernames to get whitelisted on Minecraft servers, only you should know your email, that way no one can try and steal your password. :p 

Have fun exploring what we can accomplish here on PC. :p 

I've been in here 5 minutes and all I can say is.....wow.  What you guys have done together as a community in here is just amazing.  This is just unreal.

I did manage to trap a skeleton in some building however.  It was dark when I spawned and he kept shooting at me but I wanted to explore, so I managed to solve the problem this way, :p

2016-04-01_17.16.26.png

I'm getting the hang of this Minecraft thing, :-)

Playing locally on my own personal world right now.  I've dug down to about 10 layers above bedrock and am just spreading out from there.  I've got 3 or 4 rooms at various heights below the surface I plan on digging out from.  On one multiplayer world on the PS4 a friend and I found a dungeon entrance just a few feet from our spawn point and we've been exploring it for days and still haven't cleared the whole thing out or illuminated all of the tunnels.  My solo world is on PC and I never found any dungeons close by, so I just started digging down.  I may be close to one because I can hear lava in one of my tunnels but I'm kind of afraid to dig around looking for it because I'm fairly close to the bedrock, which means that the lava is, in all likelihood, above my head, and while I've got precautions in place to keep lava out of my living area which is connected to this tunnel, I'd rather not risk it in the first place.  I'll probably finish digging down here and go up to my next room and dig around and see if I can find it form up there.

I'm also getting the hang of hoppers and things to make crafting easier, :-)  Went ahead and set my laptop back up with the big speakers and a larger monitor for a more pleasant gaming experience.  Thinking of upgrading to a decent laptop with more powerful hardware later this year and maybe getting into PC gaming some more, but this one is working just fine for now.

2016-04-05_17.22.08.png

Gerowen: Feel free to stake a claim on the server and experiment - there's more than enough space. 

11 hours ago, Frank B. said:

Gerowen: Feel free to stake a claim on the server and experiment - there's more than enough space. 

I'm logged into it right now.  Finally found what I think is some unoccupied land.  I'm within sight of WilliamTM's house, but there's no other structures or anything near me and I've found what I "think" is an underground dungeon I plan on exploring.  There's no torches or light inside it, so I don't think it has been explored yet.

Right now though I'm just hanging out in my little 3x3 wooden hut waiting for daylight so the mobs outside the door will leave me alone, because all I'm armed with right now is wooden picks and swords and things.

The house in the distance had a sign by the door that said "WilliamTM's House", so I went on past his place far enough to not be right in his front yard and beyond some sidewalk material I found.  I wanted to be within sight of some other structure so I can keep my bearings though.  Anyway, I'm gonna hop back in there.

2016-04-06_19.57.24.png