Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Can a mod confirm what the servers render distance is? I'm guessing it's the default of 10. Would it be possible to increase that to 12? it should improve the performance of the XP/Gold farm.

28 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

Looks like it is set to 14 already :o 

:o really? wow. Ok then I'm not sure what's wrong with the farm. Will need to dig into it a bit and see what I can figure out.

thanks for checking.

This weekend only: A Blast From the Past.

Timan found a backup of the old Dynamicsquid worlds. I've imported the oldest one, dating back to early 2011, on the server. (The current world is backed up. Don't worry.)

The Minecraft world online now originates from March 2011. A time when Minecraft beta 1.3 was current...

• Like 1

On 5/11/2016 at 2:10 PM, illumination said:

:o really? wow. Ok then I'm not sure what's wrong with the farm. Will need to dig into it a bit and see what I can figure out.

thanks for checking.

they really nerfed the spawn rates in 1.9 . i got a staff member on my server whos building a gold farm you should check out it may help you figure out what you need to do.

you could try putting a pigman in a cage in the room to keep them angry, but yeah, I think the thing needs to be bigger to bring the spawn rates up.

The server is back to the current world. The old Dynamicsquid worlds might make another comeback at some point - we'll see. It sure was fun to walk around them and look at five year old builds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John. said:

Hi can I get whitelisted? 

username: johnnybon

I'll whitelist you as soon as I am home from work.

12 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

I'll whitelist you as soon as I am home from work.

Thanks!

On 5/17/2016 at 4:09 PM, John. said:

Thanks!

Whitelisted you - sorry about the delay, real life got into the way.

On 5/17/2016 at 2:49 PM, Frank B. said:

The server is back to the current world. The old Dynamicsquid worlds might make another comeback at some point - we'll see. It sure was fun to walk around them and look at five year old builds.

Would it be possible to make the Dynamicsquid world available to download so someone else could possibly put it up?

23 minutes ago, Stocks™ said:

Would it be possible to make the Dynamicsquid world available to download so someone else could possibly put it up?

Have at it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eeq3wwsa6iefqd5/AADt90husNPMJP7tMfOvfpGua?dl=0 - Timan's Dropbox link, which is where I downloaded the worlds from.

To the admins, I got your little message in the house I built, and I appreciate it, :-)

I haven't been on in a while because to be honest, my PC is TERRIBLE.  Even with proprietary graphics drivers installed it does good to hold 30fps when I'm staring at the floor with all the effects turned down/off, so it can get quite painful to play on PC, especially when my PS4 runs the console version at native 1080p60.  I will be back though, I'm going to order a better graphics card here in the next week or so and see if that helps things along, :-)

On 5/21/2016 at 11:54 AM, Frank B. said:

Whitelisted you - sorry about the delay, real life got into the way.

Thanks! I know what you mean, hope to be on soon! 

What's the etiquette? Find an empty place and it's mine? 

Just now, John. said:

Thanks! I know what you mean, hope to be on soon! 

What's the etiquette? Find an empty place and it's mine? 

Yeah. Check the 'spawn hotel' - some of the unclaimed rooms should contain a starter set with iron tools and armour as well as food.

Out of curiosity, what administrative and anti-trolling/creeper plug ins are being used on Neowin? Would love to apply some of them to my server. They seem to be pretty awesome. One of the only servers I've ever used that has no rampant destruction!

as far as I know there are no plugins that prevent trolling. the neowin server doesn't usually have much of that to worry about as most people who play are mature and know how to follow rules. that being said i know they have had issues in the past however i dont know what plugin they used to correct them

We only allow users from the community and this community is mostly mature (just don't bring up politics or spend too long in a Warwagon Topic :p) combine that with a manual whitelist and its obvious who griefs. Gamemode 3 is a fun tool, I actually got too watch someone grief through their eyes :shiftyninja: I removed them from the whitelist during the thieving/vandalism.  

i love doing that to people on  my server too they never knew what was coming