Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

3 hours ago, puma1 said:

Whenevr i pop in i never see anyone on. .

I'm normally on a couple of times a week, busy with a few projects on the server.

On 01/07/2016 at 7:02 PM, Louisifer said:

I'm either playing Modded Minecraft singleplayer or working through my games backlog. If you catch me on i'm probably giving the server a kick or teaching William how to Minecraft. :p 

I'd love the Neowin Server to go modded, it's the only reason I never came back after the last big wipe, I was just having too much fun on my current "server" with mods.

Guys seriously check out Sponge again. it's really starting to mature and many plugins are already out.

Sponge is currently on 1.9.4

I would love neowin to do a modded server of some sort, I honestly just get bored with vanilla too quickly.

8 hours ago, Brandon H said:

Guys seriously check out Sponge again. it's really starting to mature and many plugins are already out.

Sponge is currently on 1.9.4

I would love neowin to do a modded server of some sort, I honestly just get bored with vanilla too quickly.

Sponge is now 1.10.2, they're actually dropping support for 1.9.4. Modded MC can be a lot more fun as I agree that vanilla can get boring. The right set of add-ons can make a huge difference, I loved Tekkit even though I didn't understand half of what it made available.

I've messed around with the Crack Pack in single player, alas, it makes my poor little MBP weep... that being said, if there is enough interest I could try to set it or any of the other mod packs up on the server. 

8 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

I've messed around with the Crack Pack in single player, alas, it makes my poor little MBP weep... that being said, if there is enough interest I could try to set it or any of the other mod packs up on the server. 

In the end I actually created a custom mod pack as I found some of the things like Tekkit involved stuff I was never interested in and was missing stuff I did want. When you start adding too many mods the stability drops and its alot harder to then try and drop mods once the world has been going for a while.

I'm no master at this stuff but if you want to see the pack I created just let me know and I could try and help. 

I have not played Minecraft on the server for ages because as people have said, vanilla gets boring after awhile, plus there's just to much crap on the server at the minute as in houses, farms etc for anyone to do anything.  Every thing is Built if you know what i mean.

The only way i would play, or start playing again if it was from scratch and NOBODY in the community is given CREATIVE as this just spoils the server, i have said this before awhile back.

I am up for a Modded server as there's a lot more to do, one of my favorite mods is blood magic and Thaumcraft. I would probably be on everyday with a Modded server. (Or when i am not at work :P)

Why don't we all list what MODS we would like to use and create a own dedicated Neowin Mod Pack, Or just vote for a mod pack that's already available, for instance Crackpack is a good one on FTB launcher.

Thoughts?

would we be able to get a download of the current world if it is not left?

5 hours ago, Nuculi said:

I have not played Minecraft on the server for ages because as people have said, vanilla gets boring after awhile, plus there's just to much crap on the server at the minute as in houses, farms etc for anyone to do anything.  Every thing is Built if you know what i mean.

The only way i would play, or start playing again if it was from scratch and NOBODY in the community is given CREATIVE as this just spoils the server, i have said this before awhile back.

I am up for a Modded server as there's a lot more to do, one of my favorite mods is blood magic and Thaumcraft. I would probably be on everyday with a Modded server. (Or when i am not at work :P)

Why don't we all list what MODS we would like to use and create a own dedicated Neowin Mod Pack, Or just vote for a mod pack that's already available, for instance Crackpack is a good one on FTB launcher.

Thoughts?

I'm with Nuculi, it's more fun when you see the natural growth of the whole server. 

Also we did have mods before right? Mods give us the ability to be able to warp home, go to last death location etc?

1 hour ago, puma1 said:

I'm with Nuculi, it's more fun when you see the natural growth of the whole server. 

Also we did have mods before right? Mods give us the ability to be able to warp home, go to last death location etc?

You mean the various Bukkit/Spigot plug-ins we use - they would stay in use after a vanilla reset. 

11 hours ago, puma1 said:

I see so plug ins not mods. 

When is the reset slated for? 

I'm going to wait until the next weekend so people can voice their opinion in the poll and we have a clear idea how to go forward, i.e. vanilla reset, keep the status quo or switch to modded MC.

On 7/16/2016 at 3:12 PM, Slugsie said:

So, the vote seems to be massively in favour of a reset with mods. Now, which mods?

Let's collect suggestions for which modpack to use. Personally I'm leaning towards the Crackpack.

i dont normally sway much from the packs i play but crack pack seems alright to me as it has some things that infinity doesnt which is one of the packs i play 

Looks good to me too. I have played FTB Infinity and Sky Factory and that looks like an interesting one to try.

I'll see if I can set up a Crackpack server - after a backup of the current vanilla world - on Saturday.

• Like 2

Seems to still be on Spigot 1.10, so not reset yet. I'm sure Frank will get on to it when he can, hopefully he hasn't been caught up in recent events in Germany.

33 minutes ago, Slugsie said:

Seems to still be on Spigot 1.10, so not reset yet. I'm sure Frank will get on to it when he can, hopefully he hasn't been caught up in recent events in Germany.

He hasn't. He tweeted this morning (Y)