Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Crisp, remove them.

What is Crisp supposed to remove?

Some people need to watch it with their pranks.

Edit: I see on the map what you mean. Good grief people.

Here's the deal:

Crisp has until tomorrow, 19:00 BST to remove the traces of his prank. If he fails to comply he is going to be taken off the whitelist for a week.

I am going to communicate this to him in game as well.

Enough with your attitude already, Crisp. Slugsie isn't the first player to complain about you.

As an example: If you think you were teleported away the other day for no reason, think again.

As an example: If you think you were teleported away the other day for no reason, think again.

So explain what I did?

I didn't realise looking at others builds while being attacked my mobs was a rule breaker.

So explain what I did?

I didn't realise looking at others builds while being attacked my mobs was a rule breaker.

Annoy another player by setting off a creeper, who then complained to me. It doesn't matter whether the creeper was triggered deliberately or not. It was an annoyance to someone else, I reacted by tp'ing you to Fidgy.

Remember rule #1

Annoy another player by setting off a creeper, who then complained to me. It doesn't matter whether the creeper was triggered deliberately or not. It was an annoyance to someone else, I reacted by tp'ing you to Fidgy.

Remember rule #1

Practise what you preach.

All problems have been settled, and sorry for taking it into this thread.

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to make you're own portal to take you from one place in the map to another? I was thinking of maybe creating a portal to the nether, and then creating another portal to where I wanted to be but I don't think it will be as simple as I want it to be, any ideas?

You can make portal -> nether -> path -> portal -> overworld shortcuts.

The only issue is if the game thinks portals are too close, you have to manually create exit portals or the game will throw you out of the original portal in the area.

Here is a link to help with portal placements and some clearer instructions If the above made no sense :P

http://www.mavenspun.com/games/minecraft/

also a tip: for portal placement the game doesn't care about the height(Y) that you build them at, only the X and Z

Perimeter marked out and started digging (top left)

jTlO5qO.jpg

Wanted to make a witch farm, continuing one lousifer made, the witch farm is there and functional, just needs the perimeter dug out and perhaps an update to the new versions.

I am going through shovels like crazy, just need to get a beacon so I can dig the stone quicker. (wouldn't mind borrowin one if anyone would be nice enough :))

Give me a shout if I'm on, I can lend you a beacon, and also a shovel with unbreaking and efficiency. Should help out a touch.

I've been away fora week, had no intenet. Back today and started working on the perimetr again. Killed a wither and made a beacon of my own. had almost enough ore blocks for a full size beacon, borrowed 32 gold blocks from the gold farm which i will return when im done.

Big thanks to slugsie for diamonds, efficiency V and unbreaking III books. That is a HUGE hep, my main concern was getting enough diamonds to repair the tools. Now that I have a haste 2 beacon the tools don't last long xD

Are you taking it to bedrock? You're gonna need something stronger than diamond for an area that big ;)

No just to y level 62ish so the surface is all flat and covered by water to stop anything spawning. Then half slab/light up all the caves inside the perimeter too.

Once thats done then the only place anything can spawn in that whole area is in the witch hut, which greatly increases the spawn rates.

Also, I replaced the gold blocks I borrowed from the gold farm. Got enough iron of my own now for the beacon :)