Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

The 1.7.10 client works just fine with a 1.7.9 server. It's mostly bug fixes and stuff for MC Realms.

yeah I was going to say its mostly Realms items that were updated so it should work fine with the current server. its 1.8 that will be a huge update.

The 1.7.10 client works just fine with a 1.7.9 server. It's mostly bug fixes and stuff for MC Realms.

that main thing i'm happy about is Forge is being updated to work with this version :) (hate not having a minimap lol)

Server appears to have off-lined.

Indeed it is :o Timan's not on irc to give it that extra special kick right now :(

that main thing i'm happy about is Forge is being updated to work with this version :) (hate not having a minimap lol)

Do client side mods work on vanilla servers?

Do client side mods work on vanilla servers?

yes, client side mods work regardless if the server is modded or not

yes, client side mods work regardless if the server is modded or not

What would be an example of a mod that would be supported? I tried Autoswitcher on vanilla server once and it didnt work.

Seems like Auto Switcher should work all it does it switch between your hot bar items depending on the blocks you punch, maybe retry it or check if it needs things like api's like Forge etc.

Seems like Auto Switcher should work all it does it switch between your hot bar items depending on the blocks you punch, maybe retry it or check if it needs things like api's like Forge etc.

Will do :)

What would be an example of a mod that would be supported? I tried Autoswitcher on vanilla server once and it didnt work.

My current list of mods installed is:

Forge

Forge Mods:

Armor Status HUD

Direction HUD

Status Effect HUD

Damage Indicators

Inventory Tweaks

Monster Spawn Highlighter

Not Enough Items

XRay (used just for flight ;) )

Code Chicken Core

BSPKRS Core

Lunatrius Core

LiteLoader

LiteLoader Mods:

Voxel Map

If a mod doesn't introduce a new block, or a new recipe, then there is no reason it won't run on a vanilla server.

^ If the mod cant do what it needs to do with vanilla data exchanges with the server then the servers just gonna ignore it and the mod wont work. :D

Been off the Minecraft for a while. Feeling the itch again. Any chance I can be made citizen once more?

SN is vtnwesley

Been off the Minecraft for a while. Feeling the itch again. Any chance I can be made citizen once more?

SN is vtnwesley

Can i join :) mcloum

Whitelisted both of you.

hehehehe! Vroom vroom, peep peep.

BTW, has something been done to Frames? I can place a frame and break it fine. But if I put something in the frame then I can't break it. Tried with both my Forge MC and vanilla.