Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

You know what? We're going to switch to Vanilla once 1.8 is released and live without the plugins until this mess is sorted out. 

that's one thing i don't get. bukkit was bought 2 years ago by mojang. so why hasn't the vanilla server code just been completely replaced by bukkit by now?

that's one thing i don't get. bukkit was bought 2 years ago by mojang. so why hasn't the vanilla server code just been completely replaced by bukkit by now?

they are incorporating a lot of if but they want to have their own native API and mod support. which keeps getting pushed back originally it was supposed to be for 1.7 but now they are saying 1.9

You know what? We're going to switch to Vanilla once 1.8 is released and live without the plugins until this mess is sorted out. 

Can I suggest that we wait a week to make sure there are no big bugs? That might even be long enough for a Bukkit version too.

being as there is not really all that much traffic on the server I do not see the harm in just waiting for the plugins to be supported prior to updating the server. Sadly the server traffic issue causes itself as the less people play. the more people dont want to play because of how dead it can be. that is why I find myself on my friends server more often because he doesnt use ours and i would rather play with him and our close friends.

my reason for not getting on the server much (other than to look at people's builds) is because i like to play with mods

i've been running a yogscast complete server on my home network for me & a few friends lately and been having fun with it

I'd still like to see neowin run a modded server to some extent (direwolf would probably be good to run). it doesn't really need all that more than vanilla, just a bit more ram dedicated to it

If none of you has any objections I'm going to switch the server to 1.8pre on one of the following days. Vanilla, no Bukkit.

Keeping current maps? if so i'm cool with it.. :)

If none of you has any objections I'm going to switch the server to 1.8pre on one of the following days. Vanilla, no Bukkit.

Why? We're not resetting the world.

With as many new resources as there are going to be and how far away you will have to go to get them i think we should set another vote about restarting the server again. However, this time i think we should make sure to backup the whitelist first.

With as many new resources as there are going to be and how far away you will have to go to get them i think we should set another vote about restarting the server again. However, this time i think we should make sure to backup the whitelist first.

But it's basically just a few new stone types that are pretty abundant in most locations. So pretty much any land that hasn't been generated will do, and there is plenty of it. Simple matter to either set a Warp somewhere, or decide on a large area that is unused and just regen it. No need for a map wipe, especially as we agreed long ago that it wouldn't be needed.

But it's basically just a few new stone types that are pretty abundant in most locations. So pretty much any land that hasn't been generated will do, and there is plenty of it. Simple matter to either set a Warp somewhere, or decide on a large area that is unused and just regen it. No need for a map wipe, especially as we agreed long ago that it wouldn't be needed.

that is not a bad idea at all just re-render a few hundred chunks to give folks access to the new stuff :P