Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Good idea, didn't know that mob griefing actually disabled that. Still good to have a dynmap back.

Also which cretin put a Microsoft flag on Steve's chest? I'm gonna thump whoever did it. :p

Good idea, didn't know that mob griefing actually disabled that. Still good to have a dynmap back.

Also which cretin put a Microsoft flag on Steve's chest? I'm gonna thump whoever did it. :p

Well.. :shiftyninja:

I made a small change to the map, If the chat IP is different to the one associated with your last login it should show up as 'webchat-xxx' instead of using your IP. :) 

so iv ben notising bloks disaper resently and i dont mean out if my storeg the blocks that are placed all around my bace can any one let me know whats going on?

hello i would like to be whitelisted im a freind of pc27463 my minecraft user name is potatoehonor

Done.

• Like 1

so iv ben notising that any thing under Y:64 blocks randemly dissapere and cobel, lava and woter blocks tack thare place every so often das any one know whats going on?

I just tried placing some blocks below y 64 and didn't have an issue. Did it happen as you placed the blocks, randomly, or after some time? Most of my building is around y 68 and above, and I haven't noticed anything, but I haven't been on in the last week.

it hapens reandomly iv found comel in the ocen just floting thare and my builed on bed rock keeps haveing blocks dissapere and cobel randomly a pere and the cobel dasent nesasarly tack the place of blocks that go missing and its the most notisbel on bedrock

I did a sweep of the area and punched all the random floating cobble/stone, could just be a bug in the ocean generation. Not sure what would cause blocks to randomly change at bedrock though.

I changed my name on Mojang and now mc.neowin won't let me in.  LOL.  Can you whitelist from TjaxT to JazXon.  Thanks. :)

-= Never mind =-.  Seems to work now.  :)

I did a sweep of the area and punched all the random floating cobble/stone, could just be a bug in the ocean generation. Not sure what would cause blocks to randomly change at bedrock though.

Hey Lou --

Did you disable chickens laying eggs on the server?  My chicken cooker isn't producing anymore since the chickens have all suddenly become sterile...

Thanks!

-Forjo

I haven't disabled any eggs, I'll have a look through the configs after work and see what I can find. :)

Thanks!

-Forjo

Egg laying seems to be working again.

Also, are you logging anything yet?  Someone came into my house, played with my cow farm, destroyed the water in the breed-assist dispenser, and let a bunch of cows out.

I have also noticed the odd missing blocks at lower levels that others have reported -- along with dark spots suggesting that the game doesn't realize they are missing.

-Forjo

Yet again, someone has been stealing my stuff, and breaking things. The sugar cane is just silly, there is literally a chest and a half of it free at the iron farm. But why go and break the redstone lighting control? That's just unacceptable, and flat out griefing.

Maybe Lou has had time to do enable logging. Perhaps we'll find out who it is this time.

-Forjo

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Lou has had time to do enable logging. Perhaps we'll find out who it is this time.

-Forjo

The problem with logging is the space it takes up. I used to run a server which had logging and backups so you could go to an area, see who changed what recently and you could revert any changes. The problem was it used up multiple GB's of space in just a couple of days. Eventually it filled up all the HDD space on my server and corrupted the world because the world save couldn't save properly. (luckily I had offline backups!)

This was at least a year or 2 ago though so maybe there are better solutions now.

Of bigger concern to me is all the random missing blocks and sheets of unmoving lava. I fell in one today -- fortunately I always keep a fire resist potion on my hotbar. I suspect it's just a matter of time before one of these missing blocks breaks some of my Redstone...

-Forjo

I noticed this morning some missing sand blocks around my cactus green house that has a block with water that isn't running to the next empty block.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, someone decided to kill all of my sheep, cows, rabbits, pigs, chicken AND all of my villagers. The animals I can recover from, but the villagers I worked REALLY hard to cure and unlock. I had nearly 40 of them -- not to mention the ones I had repopulated in the east desert village which are also gone.

Don't really feel much like playing anymore.

-Forjo