Photo

Neowin.net Minecraft Server

official minecraft

2378 replies to this topic

#2371 vetLaura

Laura

Fwoomp

Posted 19 January 2015 - 14:17

If people object to anything happening on the server it's far more mature to actually *talk* to the people involved and ask them to remove it/whatever needs to be done to fix it. Throwing a tantrum and griefing is not an appropriate response. 

The point of the game is having fun, which is what we did. Has anyone promised that it's especially child friendly?

As far as having creative goes it was always common to this server and in previous incarnations we had a bunch of extra plug ins. I understand they're a pain to maintain but why get upset over some people having creative? It makes little difference to how those in survival play and we could certainly agree some ground rules (i.e. keep builds away from spawn) if that would help maintain the general flavour for survival players. Shutting the server down over it is ridiculous.

#2372 Forjo

Forjo

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 1520

Posted 19 January 2015 - 14:18

When I was made an op I was told no creative. When I saw other ops using creative I asked again and was told it was OK for ops to streamline their progression. When I saw non-ops using Creative to build a giant penis with semen on the ground within view of spawn I asked again, waited several hours and got no response, so I removed the things that I witnessed being made in Creative.  Now I'm told that anyone can have creative. My head remained "cool" the entire time.

And for the record, I had nothing to do with the server shutdown. It restarted on it's own yesterday to install Windows Updates. After it came back I started the Minecraft server. It was up when I went to bed last night.

I'll just say thanks for having me on the server. I'll be moving on. I wish you all well.

-Forjo

#2373 Grunt

Grunt

Golden Boy

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 19 January 2015 - 14:37

When I saw non-ops using Creative

TIL Frank, Laura, and Swuzz are non-ops...

Oh wait - yes they are!

:wacko:

#2374 vetLaura

Laura

Fwoomp

Posted 19 January 2015 - 15:06

Forjo, if this is your reaction to something you don't like: you won't be missed. 

#2375 DrCheese

DrCheese

Tell me i'm your national anthem

Posted 19 January 2015 - 17:07

Yikes! 

Is there no way of us to have like we used to have? i.e spawn was in a "neutral" map & you could go left or right if you wanted survival/creative. That enabled the best of both worlds.

Survival is more rewarding & imo stops the game from getting boring... but some builds (i.e my beacon paradise!) are almost impossible to build if not in creative.

#2376 swuzzlebum

swuzzlebum

The cute must flow.

Posted 19 January 2015 - 17:18

FYI I refuse to play in survival because it's not fun for me. I'd rather just build things. This is why I quit for months then come back and obsess. :3

And for future reference, if anyone is really that intrigued or ###### off or whatever by what I'm building, just come talk to me. I don't bite. (much)

#2377 vetLaura

Laura

Fwoomp

Posted 19 January 2015 - 18:37

Yikes! 

Is there no way of us to have like we used to have? i.e spawn was in a "neutral" map & you could go left or right if you wanted survival/creative. That enabled the best of both worlds.

Survival is more rewarding & imo stops the game from getting boring... but some builds (i.e my beacon paradise!) are almost impossible to build if not in creative.

I think it's a real pain to set up. There might be other ways to manage this if people have strong feelings about it. I can see how creative vs survival builds look & feel quite different for example, so someone might prefer not to have creative stuff happening near spawn.

I play survival 90% of the time and really don't care what other people do as long as they don't mess with my stuff without permission :s Le Sigh.

#2378 vetLaura

Laura

Fwoomp

Posted 19 January 2015 - 22:25

As penance for my sins and to make it up to the good citizens of Neocraftia, I am building them a library.

#2379 Magoo

Magoo

Neowinian

• Phone: Motorola Defy XT (Republic Wireless)

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:08

i just want to put my 2 cents in as far as a giant penis i really find that to be immature how ever i feel that people should be allowed to build as the want but near spawn that seems a little much but thats just my 2 cents and wont keep me from playing even though im not on as much as i used to be