Neowin.net Minecraft Server

official minecraft

2448 replies to this topic

#2446 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 08 April 2015 - 18:56

Maybe Lou has had time to do enable logging. Perhaps we'll find out who it is this time.

-Forjo

The problem with logging is the space it takes up. I used to run a server which had logging and backups so you could go to an area, see who changed what recently and you could revert any changes. The problem was it used up multiple GB's of space in just a couple of days. Eventually it filled up all the HDD space on my server and corrupted the world because the world save couldn't save properly. (luckily I had offline backups!)

This was at least a year or 2 ago though so maybe there are better solutions now.

#2447 Forjo

Forjo

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 1520

Posted 08 April 2015 - 20:12

Of bigger concern to me is all the random missing blocks and sheets of unmoving lava. I fell in one today -- fortunately I always keep a fire resist potion on my hotbar. I suspect it's just a matter of time before one of these missing blocks breaks some of my Redstone...

-Forjo

#2448 SmokeyOdin

SmokeyOdin

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 08 April 2015 - 20:34

Hi, I'd like to be white-listed, my minecraft username is Smokey0din (that's a zero for the O in Odin)

Many thanks :)

#2449 Tjarboe

Tjarboe

Neowinian

Posted 08 April 2015 - 21:08

I noticed this morning some missing sand blocks around my cactus green house that has a block with water that isn't running to the next empty block.