Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

It is probably people digging around. I had it in my first base. When the server got a bit more popular and more people came on, i found tonnes of tunnels crossing over mine and my obsidian farm being hammered.

That is why mine is well out the way now, so i hopefully won't have to worry about people digging underneath me.

I don't really feel like posting a tutorial, but that's all the files you need to get shaders working in 1.5.1

(Bump mapping not yet compatible on 1.5.1)

Also, someone really needs to trim those vines on the iron farms.

why does it look so good with you

EVERY shader ive tried looks incredibly bright and horrible.

I even tried this one, when i hold a diamond tool is basically just a white pick shape. its so so bright.

The brightness settings dont have any effect either.

If it werent for the few minor annoyances that spoil the whole thing id love these shaders

Oh yeah, Creative now has permanent day, it may appear that the sun is setting, but once it sets it'll reset to sunrise, skipping night completely!

Need help. Accidentally royally f'd up Sagum's tower in survival. Happened just now 3:10pmish 4/25/2013

Can those blocks be reverted? You will see a large amount of blocks being blown up by TNT and one shot across a large area and puncture the tower sending water everywhere. Trying to fix but this thing is massive and I am sure I messed up intricate redstone placement. please help!

Sagum,. sorry man! Was trying to break up some more rock.

why does it look so good with you

EVERY shader ive tried looks incredibly bright and horrible.

I even tried this one, when i hold a diamond tool is basically just a white pick shape. its so so bright.

The brightness settings dont have any effect either.

If it werent for the few minor annoyances that spoil the whole thing id love these shaders

Based off what I read on other forums I would ask if you are using the newest drivers.

Also, there seems to be a chest/sign/frame transparency bug on my end with that shader pack.

1.5.1 is still a work in progress as well.

I remember having the exact issue you're describing on previous versions.

Louisifer to the rescue,. all is well.. thanks!

Didn't know tnt was useable in survival?

Completely Redesigned my base over the weekend. Removed the Tauroid i had in the center of my small fenced in area and created a sort of temple design. It is the new entrance to my base. removed the small house i had used previously for my entrance. I have also expanded the main areas of my base and moved my storage room from just 12 chests to 30 (all contained inside a Obsidian walled room. Lots and lots of changes this weekend.

Griefin rampant again. Some roads are messed up, (in front of my place) also someone stealing crops, cows, chickens. I am about to do what Little Neutrino is doing because it's getting annoying. If a mod can do me a favor, and check who is disturbing the block under the anti griefin sign I have in my yard. I would love to know who keeps pluckin those carrots;)

Griefin rampant again. Some roads are messed up, (in front of my place) also someone stealing crops, cows, chickens. I am about to do what Little Neutrino is doing because it's getting annoying. If a mod can do me a favor, and check who is disturbing the block under the anti griefin sign I have in my yard. I would love to know who keeps pluckin those carrots;)

I think I know who's doing it - your new neighbour has a habit of breaking blocks to get into buildings. I told him to knock it off in-game, apparently that didn't help.

Will have a look when I get home later.

Suggestion: When you can, have an eye on new players you don't fully trust yet. If you catch any of them griefing, report them via PM to Laura, Timan or me. Or in-game if any of us happens to be on.

More radical suggestion: A complete map reset once 1.6 comes out. Yay/nay?

A yay from me as long as we get (or build) a proper N/E/S/W spawn! The current one is terrible for directions and pretty small :p

More radical suggestion: A complete map reset once 1.6 comes out. Yay/nay?

Once 1.6 is released i would be completely alright with a reset, it would help with finding new stuff, not to mention those of us who build close to the spawn before, do not have emeralds in our mines.

Does a complete reset mean we lose all our builds? IForgive my dumb question. If not, what is the downside?

Kyang! Long time man.

Yes, a complete reset means the server starts over from scratch.

is it sad to say that nothing is written in stone and i am already excited for a server wipe?

• Like 2

If we do go through with the reset and stay with lwc protection we should make a list of valuable blocks and hopefully Timan can add them to the protection config file.

A yay from me as long as we get (or build) a proper N/E/S/W spawn! The current one is terrible for directions and pretty small :p

We could either copy the creative spawn or have some of the most creative builders come up with a new one for a new map before it goes live.