Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Please whitelist Kili_thir. He's a good friend of mine and very respectful. His builds are a bit ragged, but he's a monster resource gatherer. :)

Thanks!

-Forjo

Please whitelist Kili_thir. He's a good friend of mine and very respectful. His builds are a bit ragged, but he's a monster resource gatherer. :)

Thanks!

-Forjo

Will do as soon as I get home. I'll see if I can update the server to 1.6.4 while I'm at it.

Will do as soon as I get home. I'll see if I can update the server to 1.6.4 while I'm at it.

Take your time -- give Optifine a few revisions. :)

Also, is the server going to be wiped for 1.7?  I'd really rather not put in too much effort now if I'm going to lose everything...

Thanks!

-Forjo

Take your time -- give Optifine a few revisions. :)

Also, is the server going to be wiped for 1.7? I'd really rather not put in too much effort now if I'm going to lose everything...

Thanks!

-Forjo

Yes, the world is going to be reset for 1.7. That said the final release of 1.7 is still some time away, so go forth and build!

Yes, the world is going to be reset for 1.7. That said the final release of 1.7 is still some time away, so go forth and build!

Sad to hear that. I really hate that they can't find a solution to this problem of new features not being present on already-generated chunks. I wish they'd dedicate some time to world-merging code and unmodified chunk detection. They should be able to detect which chunks are either unmodified or ungenerated and run a blending algorithm to integrate them into existing worlds. Losing all your work when the developer adds new features is NOT FUN.

Since I'm very much a casual player, I'll probably just wait. Even if it's two months away, I'm not likely do a whole lot in that time -- especially with the reset hanging over my head.

I'll probably look more into chunk deletion on my own server. I'm NOT redoing everything just because Mojang doesn't think it's important enough to give a smooth upgrade path.

If you are going to reset, can you please not chose large biomes? 

Thanks!

-Forjo

Server updated to 1.6.4

As for whether or not to use large biomes after a reset - I'll go with what the community suggests.

Server updated to 1.6.4

As for whether or not to use large biomes after a reset - I'll go with what the community suggests.

Large biomes didn't work very well in 1.6.2 in my opinion. The biomes were enormous and I couldn't find the sea and rivers were huge lakes and swamps stretched very far into rivers and mixed.

Unless 1.7 large biomes are generated differently, thee large biomes would be a bad idea.

How about amplified? :laugh:

Actually you may get something like that on a normal world generation in 1.7.  I found a really high savanna plateau...something seemed a bit off.

Just found out that that is a normal terrain generation in 1.7.  It's actually called savanna plateau M

Finally some more difference in biomes and such. more flowers too :P It makes the world a lot less boring.

also baby pigmen and baby zombies will become 1 block high :( gonna break everyone's old mob grinder :P at least with the latest snapshot. but we can at least capture em separately now.

And yeah back to a survival only world please :) as for PVP, if its as before, this can be done in the nether and the end :)

Still waiting for that mobspawner pick mod :P

What's going on with the server?  What's the emergency mode and why can't we make any changes?

-Forjo

Hm? I updated some plug-ins over the weekend, I wonder if it's because of that. 

Ask Timan to have a look, as I am unable to do it atm (still at work and won't be home for another 3 1/2 hours).

It should be working as intended again now (Y)

If anything else explodes in the meantime - I take full responsibility. :rofl:

It is.

Just still really hesitant about doing anything significant in light of the server wipe.  :(

-Forjo

It is.

Just still really hesitant about doing anything significant in light of the server wipe.  :(

-Forjo

It'll be some time before 1.7 goes final. Then we have to wait for a compatible Bukkit build, plug-ins to be compatible - in other words, feel free to build now, and be it only to try out things for the 1.7 world.

just to let every one know i am making a new mob spawner under my house to test it for the new reset of the map and to mack shear it won't cause lag and if it dose pleas let me know and there will be a on/off switch on it if im not online.

and y cant i us TNT?

sjjubb1989 please!!

Edit:

Awww the server is out of date :(.

Whitelisted.

Server out of date? It's running the latest stable MC version - 1.6.4.