Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

everything should be stable with the pack right now as i have not done any updates to it in awhile. I am waiting for a couple specific mods/plugins to update before i push the next update for our pack :)

On 3/23/2017 at 8:48 AM, puma1 said:

I feel stupid but I gave up:) I miss the old days opf just launching MC and entering an IP. All these third party software make me nervous because on Curse for ex my malware protection was blocking IPs left and right so I took it out.  I will spend some time and try to get it working again eventually. 

I used to agree but the new Technic makes it so easy to create and share custom packs.

Curse is a good example of bad gaming software, I've never cared for it and don't blame you for not liking it either.

Just like Minecraft itself the Technic launcher is a standalone launcher and does not install anything like unlike Curse.

Just to confuse things, the Curse app is now Twitch app :p

The Curse/Twitch app with respects to Minecraft is the same as Technic, apps download the mods and keep it updated and both use the vanilla mod support to run the games. :) 

Now Twitch has rebranded Curse and soon to be selling games on Twitch.tv I think they'll be fixing the client in preparation for being a steam competitor.

^ i had heard something about that. Wasn't sure it was the same Curse service because i didn't know Twitch owned them. interesting

I was surprised at first that it was Twitch and not Amazon that made the acquisition, I think most people installed Curse out of necessity so they dropped the name to help with public branding.

Out of all the changes to come I hope their Ad hungry wiki's see a positive change. :p 

• 1 month later...

Anybody online to fix server?

Saying "Spigot 1.11.2" in my multiplayer list in red, when trying to join says "Failed to connect to Server" "Outdated Cllient please use 1.11.2"

Tried deleting and reinstalling, same thing :(

i'll check on it tonight after work. i need to apply some updates anyway :)

Yah! ! ! :D Was actually just starting to play again on the pack you created. :)

3 minutes ago, puma1 said:

I really want to get back on, what's the set up now? Vanilla, or we still using Cursed or some other package?

we're on the pack listed in my signature. should reflect the info on the OP as well.

i'm not sure the current state of the world because someone accidentally loaded up the spigot file this weekend. I've switched it back over to forge/sponge but wont be able to do more until i get off work tonight.

5 hours ago, Slugsie said:

So we're now 2 worlds back, but with the Neowincraft pack? Is that going to stay or not?

yeah i'm not sure what happened, the windows server rebooted for updates and the launch script switched back to spigot and somehow switched the world over. i didn't have time to deal with the world yesterday but i'm going to see if there's a backup of it somewhere tonight.

Unfortunately if i cannot find our last world there will be a reset as some of the mods being added/updated will have new blocks to generate.

I have remote access to the server now so I will get a backup system in place for the world going forward.

Was it set up to launch the bukkkit gui set up for vanilla in root or the one in Technic folder which is setup for Technic? 

24 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

Was it set up to launch the bukkkit gui set up for vanilla in root or the one in Technic folder which is setup for Technic? 

the technic folder is what it should be launching from. i'm not sure if i'll continue using the bukkit gui though, may just switch to a batch script as the gui doesn't seem to play well with sponge.

I only switched to it so I could read the logs when it was force quitting on launch and to get around assigning it more ram as doing it manually caused it to fail to launch for some reason. :( it was only using 1gb instead of 7gb for the first month of Technic. :o 

17 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

I only switched to it so I could read the logs when it was force quitting on launch and to get around assigning it more ram as doing it manually caused it to fail to launch for some reason. :( it was only using 1gb instead of 7gb for the first month of Technic. :o 

yeah launch scripts can be fun to setup sometimes lol

they're just basic batch scripts in the end though so you can always add a pause command to the end of the script to read crash logs :p

1 hour ago, Louisifer said:

GUI's FTW :p 

makes me wish McMyAdmin was free :p it's a great server gui

Only £10, i'm sure some of us could chip in a couple of quid to get it for the server?

If we going to have a server reset could we have applied energistics ?

8 minutes ago, Nuculi said:

Only £10, i'm sure some of us could chip in a couple of quid to get it for the server?

If we going to have a server reset could we have applied energistics ?

yes that is actually on my list to add along with Draconic Evolution now that they have both stabilized for 1.10.2 :)