Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

1 hour ago, Brandon H said:

I setup a secondary spigot server (no plugins yet) on the 1.12 pre6 build. the server is up but the port still needs opened.

the spigot server will be on port 25566 (summoning Louisifer to request port opened)

I'm starboard, @Frank B. is port side. :p 

• Like 2

I'm going to set up a vanilla server running a new world once Spigot 1.12 is stable on or shortly after June 7th.

1 hour ago, Frank B. said:

I'm going to set up a vanilla server running a new world once Spigot 1.12 is stable on or shortly after June 7th.

I already have it running on spigot 1.12pre6 on port 25566 (not sure if you had time to open the port)

spigot will just need switched over to the new build once it finalizes

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Hullo! Could you add me to the whitelist please? 

Homerr_

You should whitelisted now. have fun :)

OK, I was looking at the server interface. How do I launch the vanilla instance? I want a second server, same whitelist, new world using the same seed running the vanilla 1.12 .jar.

2 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

OK, I was looking at the server interface. How do I launch the vanilla instance? I want a second server, same whitelist, new world using the same seed running the vanilla 1.12 .jar.

I have a batch file for the spigot server right now, it's labeled start.bat

both severs are running, if you haven't already the port 25566 just needs opened in the firewall

I've opened up the port. No dice. Have a look at the firewall config; the server manager is open with admin rights.

1 hour ago, Frank B. said:

I've opened up the port. No dice. Have a look at the firewall config; the server manager is open with admin rights.

port might need forwarded on the router too i would think. do you or someone else have access for that?

i'm limited to remoting on my phone while I'm at work but I can look at it more and test when I'm at home either tonight or tomorrow :)

I shut down the modded server and launch the vanilla server just to test. Port 25565 works, 25566 doesn't - and I don't see why. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Louisifer said:

I could take a nosey if no one else is currently trying stuff on the server. :)

Go for it.

Nothing seems to see the server if its on anything other than default port, not even Dinnerbones server checker. :iiam: 

so the server listening port is being changed, and then nothing sees it?

dumb question, but are the exceptions being out in for the server firewall (if it's on)?

Just leave it as a Vanilla server if it makes it easier, there were only a couple of us that really played on the neowin pack and i think more people would join if it was a fresh Vanilla map with 1.12.

Oh goody, another server reset. Can we have some indication as to how long this server will stay please?

Since it is Vanilla we just have to get the usual launcher and go in the old way right?

I am waiting on a password reset for Mojang for three days now.. so when I get it I'll happily jump on!  

The idea is to keep vanilla survival. The only adjustment I'm going to make is to switch from the vanilla server .jar to Spigot as soon as there is a Spigot release of 1.12 stable.

There is a community dorm near spawn. Use it and the resources in the chests at your leisure.

17 hours ago, Louisifer said:

Nothing seems to see the server if its on anything other than default port, not even Dinnerbones server checker. :iiam: 

It's gotta be the router then. are we certain we don't need to port forward? who owns the physical server?

17 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Server updated to Spigot 1.12. No plug-ins yet.

beat me to it. was going to compile the new Spigot build when i got home tonight :p

i haven't messed with spigot/craftbukkit plugins in a long while, I'll play with getting a few of those setup tonight for everyone.