Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

My poor old base..

Got sick of the griefing, so i moved base out of town.

There seems to be more griefing in survival.

When my base got hit, i didn't have the resources to get the stuff nicked back. I moved my base far away and now can't be bothered to get it all back.

I'm going to wait for the world reset (if there is one) and give it another try.

I'm obsessed with Tekkit at the moment.

I havent played on the server a while. Mainly do to the no protection thing. Every survival server ive played on has protection stones or some type of protection area I dont see why neowin doesnt have it?

Its sucha basic thing with how often people get griefed.

I have to agree, I had a nice base which was on spawn, open farming and animals but people just grief and it becomes tiring. Im playing a Yogcraft server at the mo and the extra functionality is great.

I havent been on a ton of servers lately but isnt there a mod to designate a certain plot of land that can only be edited by the designated user? Obviously more work of our mods but could be a nice combat to griefing.

when I logged in this evening, I am back to being a peon and not a citizen. Anyone know if there is a reason for that, or perhaps I just need to try again tomorrow?

I'm all for more control over who is promoted and all that, but going by post count would mean that I wouldn't be eligible, just because I don't post on the forum.

when I logged in this evening, I am back to being a peon and not a citizen. Anyone know if there is a reason for that, or perhaps I just need to try again tomorrow?

I'm all for more control over who is promoted and all that, but going by post count would mean that I wouldn't be eligible, just because I don't post on the forum.

the way i see it, the best way to have it set up would be to use post count as a base but if you've been a member for a certain number of years than the post count limit can be bypassed

the way i see it, the best way to have it set up would be to use post count as a base but if you've been a member for a certain number of years than the post count limit can be bypassed

Yeah, that seems reasonable to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, will be gone a week +, so if the server ###### itself. You can tweet me, but not sure if I can get to restarting it. Will depend if I has inet :p

so i loged in and found that my tower was griefed to day by all the mine carts where tacken.

i dont know how griefed me but im geting tiered of it

a never mined after loging off and on about 8 times thay all just came back i dont get it i checked it 4 times befor i posted this so i dont get it

Herro errybody.

Hope you are all doing great. thats me settled back in the UK now but I dont have internet at home yet so itll be a while until Im back on the server. Hope you all are taking care of my plantation and I cant wait to get back in and play. xxxx

TTFN

Nelly.xxxxx

Fixed some griefing with meph today, few houses got hit and the ironfarm. 3 out of the 4 towers where griefed. But the ironfarm is working again.

Server has the mod to lock blocks like chests/doors, however... its not working.

Hope when Timan has time he can figure it out and fix it.

And i thought there was a missing house with the obsidian wall already, it unbalanced the entire town for me :p keep getting lost in town now.

For the griefers, i have 2 little houses in town, so far they hardly get hit :p I moved out my main place way way out :)

But I somehow enjoy the openness of the server, that not every single thing is locked down by everyone and that u have some freedom.

Within the active players, there's a good social 'watch' that keeps an eye out for eachother and helps easily.

I do like to check new houses, even if they're locked, just interest and i do make sure i leave every place thats not mine exactly the same :p

or check out someone's mob grinder or other things will become a lot harder if everything is completely locked down :(

I'm all in for stricter rules to promote new players.

Something like being a long-term member, minimum post count, only can get vouched/referred by someone that is active and played for a while etc.

Oh yes and Timan please disable the AD filter, very, very anoying.

Besides we barely get spambots online and even if it happens once every month... the STOP AIDS notice aint worth it for every sentence with a "." or "/" or "\"

I agree - the ad filter is super annoying. Maybe it can just be applied to peons? I know there's griefing, but theoretically no one who can build should be spamming.

My Minecraft username is Livin_in_a_box, not been on MC for a while, might join in and see what's happening :)

Oh yes and Timan please disable the AD filter, very, very anoying.

Besides we barely get spambots online and even if it happens once every month... the STOP AIDS notice aint worth it for every sentence with a "." or "/" or "\"

I don't even know whats causing it.

• 2 weeks later...

i pop on every once and a while and deal with my crops however, i assume a lot of people are like me and just waiting for the 1.6 update so they can start over on the server wipe.