Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

No offense to Timan or Meph, but this server has gone boring as everyone gets put on creative.

The idea behind this new restart has gone out the window.

I can't speak for Timan. Personally I have no qualms giving people creative if they insist. Sure, one could ask why everybody wanted survival to start with...

In the end you can't please everybody. To be honest: There are enough resources at spawn for new players. Survival as default is fine, and having to wait for creative until an op is on is also. Those wanting to build a huge project can gather the necessary resources in the meantime. So no, there won't be a command block to enable an automatic game mode switch.

personally i only ever request Creative when i want to add something that would be impossible otherwise, but for the most part i do my builds in survival mode.

can i get whitelisted again? :)

game name daddyrazzy...

been away for a few months... :(

How can I become whitelisted? My minecraft name is 'mattysouthall'

Both of you are whitelisted.

personally i only ever request Creative when i want to add something that would be impossible otherwise, but for the most part i do my builds in survival mode.

Same i did my first build in Survival

only needed Creative in the second build because i needed to build a shell under water lol

Crisp: I dont see how others being in creative is affecting your game though?

Crisp: I dont see how others being in creative is affecting your game though?

It's not, it's affecting the server. Just like the old creative server, it was alive for a month and then no one plays.

Once people have built their pointless pixel art, they leave. If Timan doesn't mind paying hosting prices for an empty server, then that's up to him.

started building the inside of my glass dome lol

nice, but you should remove the glass (from the sides) and just have the water run down I think you can you ladders or something to stop the water from coming in

Also Timan, a request. Worldedit please? :)

WorldEdit has been installed and tested. Only available for ops of course. Everybody else will have to wait for a mod to come on and clear terrain, or do it by hand.

• Like 1

Sitting at work, watching the live map.. One minute the house in spawn i wanted demolished is sitting there next minute gone.. Thanks whoever did that.. :)

Sitting at work, watching the live map.. One minute the house in spawn i wanted demolished is sitting there next minute gone.. Thanks whoever did that.. :)

That would have been me. I'm thinking about building a new housing area near-ish spawn and removing the existing basic houses - we'll see.

• Like 2

Hey, new forum member here.

Just getting into minecraft and wondered if I could be whitelisted on the server? I do have a friend who plays on the server called WilliamTM.

My minecraft username is xreyuk123.

Hey, new forum member here.

Just getting into minecraft and wondered if I could be whitelisted on the server? I do have a friend who plays on the server called WilliamTM.

My minecraft username is xreyuk123.

Hi,

My MC account seems to be disabled or is not working, or i need whitelisting again

(mammix2)

Cheers

Whitelisted both of you.

Thankfully so far the Server has been rather nice compared to last time. however, i am starting to agree with a few things said above as to the ethics of mixing creative and survival, while it does not bother me when people use creative mode (and i myself have used it to do a few things) it bothers me a bit to see big ugly creations near spawn and not having a feeling of usefullness which you would normally see on a Survival map. Kinda wish we had done a creative zone on the map instead lol.

• Like 2

y wont my pixer of my sponer trap up loud? and i now have a auto sorter in the tower for the mobs drops and every one sud go see it

y wont my pixer of my sponer trap up loud? and i now have a auto sorter in the tower for the mobs drops and every one sud go see it

what?

The server seems to have been dead for a few days now. Every time I look to join there is no-one playing. With no admins around its impossible to get Creative mode, and thus continue the work on the amusement park. Maybe it's time to reconsider the ban on command blocks?

Anyway, I'm about to go away for nearly 2 weeks so you probably won't see me online for a while.

You can still mine and craft the items needed for bigger projects in survival - it just takes time. Which I don't have as much of as I used to due to work. 

I'm still going to come on after work and move people to creative if so they desire. In the meantime stop using the lack of creative mode as an excuse and get busy mining. :shifty: