Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

can my friend get wightlisted his user name is scooby223?

Sorry, only now saw your post. Whitelisted your friend.

And here we are again, I'm going to propose a reset of the map for 1.7, but instead of the mods providing Creative at request, we should make it so that it's Survival only (undecided as to whether to enable PvP). As well as this, the mods should build the spawn area before we whitelist anybody, then once it is ready, we allow whitelisting.

I get the feeling this is why the server is dead now, because any incentive to play is gone when they can just ask for any resource. :/

• Like 2

And here we are again, I'm going to propose a reset of the map for 1.7, but instead of the mods providing Creative at request, we should make it so that it's Survival only (undecided as to whether to enable PvP). As well as this, the mods should build the spawn area before we whitelist anybody, then once it is ready, we allow whitelisting.

I get the feeling this is why the server is dead now, because any incentive to play is gone when they can just ask for any resource. :/

I agree, the spawn exploded with just crazy builds and the folks that wanted survival gave up because it was unfair compared to the creative folks.

I still go on the server now and then to build my area but it is always dead, so it does get boring pretty quickly.

I don't mind a reset. I like the sound of pvp too but i think that would need a few more plugins because if you have pvp that'll also encourage griefing i think.

Even if we don't reset, perhaps a clean up at spawn and get rid of the junk builds and half finished ones. I believe with world edit you can revert areas back to when the map was generated.

I do agree on making it survival only.

I like the idea of survival only. What is PvP?

Player vs Player

Survival with creeper damage off to builds, because a) it's a pain in the ass to have to rebuild and b) holes all over the map look ugly.

Isn't there a plugin that you can set areas that can't be destroyed by creeper damage? that i could go for. Switching it off completely though ruins the only danger in survival.

Isn't there a plugin that you can set areas that can't be destroyed by creeper damage? that i could go for. Switching it off completely though ruins the only danger in survival.

I have no problem of them exploding and hurting / killing you, I just hate that they destroy everything like a TNT block.

I'm not too bothered by it, I'll just build a moat again.

Turning mob greifing off will only stop them destroying blocks, they will still cause damage to players/mobs.

It would also stop Endermen stealing blocks as well.

Here's the deal: I'll leave it up to you to vote on whether or not you want a map reset, and which mode the new instance should use. Create a poll if you like. 

I'll gladly build the spawn together with the other ops before opening the server to the public. 

As for turning mob griefing off - that too should be voted upon.

For those that don't know what's coming up in 1.7 here's a snapshot video, its a long video and the actual biomes are shown off from the 10min mark :)

My favourite is the Savannah :D

Any thoughts to making this a more active server by adding alot of those pvp modes?

Sky wars, factions, survival games, etc?  Ive been on a few servers that had hundreds of players at one time  (not sure of the neowin server capactity is).