Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

That's something to consider after the initial world setup.

For what it's worth, the multitude of changes in the terrain generation for 1.7 pretty much force a reset lest you want to live with ugly chunk errors where old terrain meets new.

It gets 14 votes but i don't remember 14 different people on the server :laugh:

i was thinking the same thing.

17 votes now. We're getting there.

Keep in mind that no one knows how far off 1.7 is yet. Given the amount of snapshots it took for 1.6 to be ready it's going to take a while. Feel free to be more active on the existing MC instance in the meantime.

I've voted. Having a little sort of starting area would be nice, in terms of basic food at spawn, melons are suitable since they re-grow infinitely and aren't too OP for a starting player (As in, providing them with steak would be more-so).

i would like to see no one flying and no advantages whatsoever apart from whats available to all at spawn. That way it will be easier to forget about creative and earn what you build making it more fun.Also paintball arenas would be good seen them on other servers nice distraction.

Acid rain maybe? make survival more of a challenge?

This is assumin  i return as time is tight i might not have time to play.

OK, who changed my pigs to zombie pigmen???!?

Yah barsteward!

:p

(looking at either Lingwo or pc27463 as you are the only guys to have been logged in during the period it happened as far as I can tell)

i have been trying to spend more time away from the computer lately so i have not had the time to play. and when I am on my computer i am usually playing D3 or Borderlands 2

OK, who changed my pigs to zombie pigmen???!?

Yah barsteward!

:p

(looking at either Lingwo or pc27463 as you are the only guys to have been logged in during the period it happened as far as I can tell)

Wasn't me.

Kill pigs, use Zombie Pigmen eggs to spawn Pigmen. Easy to do if you have creative.

If they have weapons then they are spawned, If they don't have weapons its a lightning strike :P

What do you do in this game? Just build buildings?

You either build things for fun or your try to survive and then obtain all the materials that you need.

What I like the most is playing survival, where you have to obtain building materials and food.

what am i in trubel for? i dint kill any pigs

Not in trouble for anything. I just lost some pigs to a lighting strike which I didn't know was a 'thing'.