Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

My guess, as soon as Bukkit is updated.

Craftbukkit Beta has already been updated to 1.4.6. I guess Neocraft is sticking to stable, which I think would be a mistake. The Bukkit Team does a great job, but there is just too long between stable releases IMHO. Personally, I have been running 1.4.6R0.1 since the day it came out and had no problems. I only stay away from the Craftbukkit Dev releases. Those actually are too unstable.

Craftbukkit Beta has already been updated to 1.4.6. I guess Neocraft is sticking to stable, which I think would be a mistake. The Bukkit Team does a great job, but there is just too long between stable releases IMHO. Personally, I have been running 1.4.6R0.1 since the day it came out and had no problems. I only stay away from the Craftbukkit Dev releases. Those actually are too unstable.

my guess is a few plugins may have broke and they're waiting for them to be updated to work with the new bukkit releases

Yea, the plugins need to be updated (even to dev versions), just tried it again and all the permissions break.

So sad. I guess I must not be using the same plugins.

Do you mind listing the plugins you use? If it is not too much of a hassle.

Feel free to white-list me, I will probably check it out. Username is the same as on Neowin. Thanks in advance. :)

that is one of the major issues with running mods if you have to wait for them to update before you can update the server, and sometimes they can take up to a month or more

It's a very small price to pay in order to play on a server with good people.

and a price i am very willing to pay

I don't really understand, what and how do I use this file?

The server is running Mods which allow for further control and added features to the game which are not included in the standard Server software, both the custom server and several of the mods have not been updated yet to function with the latest client builds.

I don't really understand, what and how do I use this file?

Download the file, put it in %AppData%\.minecraft\bin\ (replacing the existing copy), and when you start the launcher don't apply the update.

This lack of back compatibility in this game really does irritate me, I feel that it could be written to get around this - by it I mean the client, server and plugins. *Rewrites Minecraft and every mod ever*

This lack of back compatibility in this game really does irritate me, I feel that it could be written to get around this - by it I mean the client, server and plugins. *Rewrites Minecraft and every mod ever*

Ya, you wouldn't think it would be too hard for the game to keep older (at least the previous version) versions of MC.jar kicking around. Then it can automatically use those if it connects to an outdated server