The War Z is on sale

Isn't this that game that alot of people are having issues with? Not 100% up to speed on it, the name just looks familiar.

Not sure. I've only watched some youtube videos of it. Not heard anything about problems.

Never heard of it. Is this the stand-alone version of the DayZ mod for ARMA2? Or is this another game?

It is NOT DayZ. It's a pathetic ripoff that is trying to cash in on DayZ's popularity.

It is NOT DayZ. It's a pathetic ripoff that is trying to cash in on DayZ's popularity.

Even if its a currently a ripoff and its current state is bad, I like the idea of War Z much more than Day Z. I like progression. War Z offers that or should once its done. Day Z is still a slow addon and nothing more. It's built on a flawed engine, at least flawed in the sense that it's not well suited for what Day Z tries to accomplish. If the features that War Z claims to have ever make it to Day Z, I will start playing Day Z again. Until then, will hold off buying this game until the forums for it turn around.

If you want to see an overview of the game, and its numerous flaws, TotalBiscuit did a video of it which I found to be quite hilarious.

Wow, thank you for that. This game looks horrible. Feel sorry for anyone who bought into it.

• Like 2

Even if its a currently a ripoff and its current state is bad, I like the idea of War Z much more than Day Z. I like progression. War Z doesn't offer that and might if its ever done. War Z is still a slow sequel and nothing more. It's built on a flawed engine, at least flawed in the sense that it's not well suited for what War Z claims to try to accomplish. If the features that War Z claims to have ever make it to War Z, I will start playing War Z. Until then, will hold off buying this game until the forums for it turn around.

Fixed it for you, I think you got your games confused :D

tbh I'm glad its gone from Steam, I have been pondering buying the game so long but seen nothing but bad coverage. The biggest travesty is the shady way in which the developers dealt with people complaining about the game, banning people from ever owning their games, not refunding money, deleting posts

Steam pulled the game and is issuing full refunds for anybody who wants it. :)

Too bad they only offer refunds for this one. There's quite a bit of games in my inventory that I would like to receive a refund, after playing them for more than ten minutes.

Too bad they only offer refunds for this one. There's quite a bit of games in my inventory that I would like to receive a refund, after playing them for more than ten minutes.

You can send a request to steam about any game you only played for that long, But you'll need a valid reason, like false advertisement or such

Agreed, I regrettably purchased Flatout 3 before realising that it wasn't made by Bugbear and is in a similar state to this War Z