Create a slipstreamed DVD for MS Office 2010?

Question

I spoke too soon - knew i'd be back with another question.

So on the back of a slipstreamed Win7 SP1 DVD which i got working (thanks for the help), i'd like to make a MS Office 2010 DVD slipstreamed with SP1 also.

I have a legitimate MS Office 2010 DVD.

The version number for this is: 14.0.6112.5000 32bit

I don't know whether SP1 will work for all 2010 versions or whether my version (14.0.xxxxxxxxxx) makes any difference at all.

Anyway, is this possible? If so, how?

6 answers to this question

Thanks. It says i need to download both 32bit & 64bit SP1 files.

As my MS Office version is 32 bit, why would i need to download the 64bit file? Or do you only need to download both if your version is 64bit?

Thanks. It says i need to download both 32bit & 64bit SP1 files.

As my MS Office version is 32 bit, why would i need to download the 64bit file? Or do you only need to download both if your version is 64bit?

read

(Why do you need both? The Office 2010 Setup media includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the suite, and while most people--even those using 64-bit versions of Windows--will want to install the 32-bit version, it's a good idea to update everything just in case.)

It includes a 64bit version, so it says

but mine says it's a 32 bit version. How can it be both?

My apologies .... i'm not as clued up on 32bit-64bit etc as you.

The disk contains both versions unless you have a special disk that only contains one or the other. As far as MS releases, I have not seen such a disk. However in the vlk/technet portal you can download 32 or 64, and you can download the sp1 already slip streamed in either or.