5 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/19/3784984/thq-files-for-bankruptcy-protection-selling-studios-and-games
[quote]Struggling video game publisher THQ announced today that the company has entered into a purchase agreement with a bidder to acquire "substantially all of the assets of THQ's operating business, including THQ's four owned studios and games in development." THQ has also filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in a Delaware court, the company says, to facilitate the sale of the publisher's owned studios and current games in development.

[i]Developing....[/i][/quote]

The full press release is [url=http://investor.thq.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=96376&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1768687&highlight]here.[/url]

Posted

Glad to see they did the humble bundle at least, maybe it was to get there games out there and raise money to shut down :(

(edit) From press release

[quote][color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]THQ will continue operating its business without interruption during the sale period, subject to Court approval of THQ

Posted

Darksiders is the only game i really played made by them, nothing else really interested me. Did hear Saints Row was good but never tried it.

Posted

I hope all goes well. I want Dawn of War 3.

Posted

also wish them well, they're part and parcel of the industry and gave us many good games over the years, don't want to see them go. Might get Darksiders 2 as a show of support...but isn't that game blasphemous? yes, I know how that sounds, but games where you're in hell or fighting against angels and stuff make me uncomfortable...I should probably consult DigitalE!