Wireless Charging

Ever since I first seen this start to come out I have wanted one. The problem is it's always only for popular phones (iphone etc).

Now I have searched and have seen many companies do this type of thing. One company that might be able to support my phone (and future phones) is the Electrohub.

Though I can't seem to find anywhere with full details, or a place to purchase.

Wondering what your guys suggestions are for these devices, options...I have a HTC One S at the moment.

If you have to pop your phone into a case before placing it on a charging platform/mat, to me that would be more of a hassle than just plugging it into the charger. I suppose you could always keep the case on, but that's not something that I personally would want.

Even with Nokia's solution on the Lumia 920 (i.e. no separate case needed) for example, I just don't think that it's a lot different to putting your phone on a dock; I can be slightly less careful with the positioning and it's "cool" (in a geeky way). I suppose when it becomes more popular and available almost everywhere that you go, then it could be very convenient. That's not the situation currently though.

Also the iPhone doesn't really have a proper wireless charging solution, unless you shove it into those 3rd party cases that I mentioned previously.

Sorry for raining on your parade though.

If you have to pop your phone into a case before placing it on a charging platform/mat, to me that would be more of a hassle than just plugging it into the charger.

Maybe you should watch the video

Maybe you should watch the video

I was giving my opinion on wireless charging, in response to the OP asking: "Wondering what your guys suggestions are for these devices, options...".

However, perhaps you should watch that video yourself and then read that sentence of mine that you quoted. If I consider inserting a phone into a case in order to enable wireless charging to be a hassle, then you can hazard a guess as to what my opinion would be on modifying a phone as per that YouTube video. For me, there's just not enough benefit to warrant that much hassle.

Yes if my phone could get a case that enabled the feature, I would most likely leave it on at all times, then it's quite easy, and easier then plugging in and unplugging.

But the reason wireless charging is nice, is because it's wireless, not because it's easier.

I was giving my opinion on wireless charging, in response to the OP asking: "Wondering what your guys suggestions are for these devices, options...".

However, perhaps you should watch that video yourself and then read that sentence of mine that you quoted. If I consider inserting a phone into a case in order to enable wireless charging to be a hassle, then you can hazard a guess as to what my opinion would be on modifying a phone as per that YouTube video. For me, there's just not enough benefit to warrant that much hassle.

What you may find a to be a "hassle", I see as an enjoyable challenge. But each to their own (Y)

Ever since I first seen this start to come out I have wanted one. The problem is it's always only for popular phones (iphone etc).

Now I have searched and have seen many companies do this type of thing. One company that might be able to support my phone (and future phones) is the Electrohub.

Though I can't seem to find anywhere with full details, or a place to purchase.

Wondering what your guys suggestions are for these devices, options...I have a HTC One S at the moment.

iPhone and android have wireless charging?

Android certainly does yes. However, I really don't see why people bother. It's slow, due to the much lower current, and there's a fair bit of electrical "wastage" endemic to wireless charging... You might as well just set fire to your money as use wireless charging.

Really, is it THAT hard to plug a wire in? :p