8 posts in this topic

Posted

EAST LONGMEADOW -- Police arrested a 14-year-old juvenile and will seek a warrant for the arrest of a 17-year-old in Washington State for their alleged involvement in a bomb threat made Wednesday afternoon at Birchland Middle School.

Sgt. Patrick Manley said the 17-year-old, who lives in Issaquah, Washington, made the call on behalf of the 14-year-old, a student at Birchland. The two suspects apparently developed a friendship through online video gaming.

The incident began shortly after 2 p.m., at about the time the school typically lets out. Manley said the 17-year-old allegedly called the school from Washington and said there was a bomb in the school and that "everybody is going to die."

At Birchland buses that were already waiting for students moved to an empty lot a block away, and students marched there to board their bus for the ride home, Manley said.

East Longmeadow police quickly unraveled their case after receiving a call from a parent of the 14-year-old who had viewed text messages on her son

Posted

[color=#282828]"Sgt. Patrick Manley said the 17-year-old, who lives in Issaquah, Washington, made the call on behalf of the 14-year-old, a student at Birchland. The two suspects apparently developed a friendship through online video gaming."[/color]

[color=#282828] [/color][color=#282828]we need to ban video games!!! :D[/color]
1 person likes this

Posted

The sheer stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Posted

Well since bombs are already illegal, I guess we could always ban video games.

In all seriousness, I hope they both get some jailtime out of it, maybe some community service. Maybe that will straighten them out before they turn into adults and become serial killers or something.

Posted

[quote name='Rohdekill' timestamp='1356053184' post='595406222']
The sheer stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.
[/quote]

+1 (Love your avatar!)

Posted

no. it is illness mental in that person. you remember that Grand Theft Auto video games?

Posted

We need stronger [s]gun[/s], uh, I mean bomb control.

Seriously, one of the parents spoke up. Brilliant! We'll never know how many lives may have been saved.

Posted

At least they were stopped before someone got hurt, which is the main thing.