I don't seem to play muh games

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:13

One big reason I resisted the steam sales this year... Lol, tendency to buy more games than I have time for. I still need to get my moneys worth from torchlight 2. I knew buying that after playing diablo 3 to death was a bad idea :(

#17 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:39

I just finally deleted Amalur and Skyrim, acknowledging to myself that I will never actually finish them. And banned myself from buying more adventure games, sales or no.

Not much I need to buy anyway outside of Far Cry 3

#18 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:10

we all seem to have the same problem. we are addicted to buying games, not actually playing them. i'm not sure which is worse! all that money sitting and not being enjoyed. well, at least we support jobs and the industry.

#19 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 31 December 2012 - 17:06

we all seem to have the same problem. we are addicted to buying games, not actually playing them. i'm not sure which is worse! all that money sitting and not being enjoyed. well, at least we support jobs and the industry.

Heh I play them all the time, I just get tired of them after a certain point.

Recognizing when that is is the issue. I was still enjoying Skyrim for the gameplay here and there but the story and characters and dragons and stuff get pretty meh.

#20 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

Posted 31 December 2012 - 23:12

Ya, I'm really guilty of this. For some reason, I just can't sit down and enjoy the gaming... but I have to get a game basically once a month. It's a horrible addiction lol.

#21 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 31 December 2012 - 23:17

Yeah, I buy way to many games than I can actually play as well. It is stupid as can be, and I am going to try and be smart with it this year, for sure. I still have a back log of titles to play that will easily get me through the first 2 months of next year, if not longer.

As far as the issue, I too have a ton of games on the PC I have hardly touched. My main reason for it is I sit in front of a computer all day at work. I really just do not feel like sitting in front of one when I get home any more. I actually have to admit to myself these days I actually prefer console gaming. For nothing else than the fact I can sit on my couch. I know PC gaming is superior, i actually just upgraded my graphics card a few months back, and if given the choice, I will always choose the PC as the preferred platform to play on, I just do not play on it that much at all these days.

Its a combination of getting older and also as I said, not wanting to sit in front of a computer after doing so all day for work. I guess this is what getting old is all about, sacrificing those things you prefer to kill time on on the things you actually have to kill time on. Oh well I guess. :laugh:

#22 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:36

I, too, have the same problem as most here. I look at my Steam library and think 'WTF did I buy that for' or I see a game like Dishonored, which I bought day-1 but haven't even installed yet! Pretty embarrassing to think about the $$ spent, actually.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to be to finish one game before installing/buying another. I've found there are times I'll have 7-8 games installed and for what?

#23 Don't Feed the Wolfie

Don't Feed the Wolfie

Don't sugarcoat it because you'll probably eat that too

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:40

you rich b@stards, I only have 20 steam games!

#24 DonnieJim

DonnieJim

Neowinian

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:56

I've found that computers in general I have lost desire for, not just games. There was a point where I would tweak and install anything and everything. Now I just like to read forums, do a few facebook commenst and use photoshop..that's about it.