Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

tv Jake Humphrey to leave BBC for BT Vision

5 posts in this topic

Posted

BBC presenter Jake Humphrey has announced he is to leave the corporation to host BT Vision's Premier League coverage.

BT will launch a new channel after acquiring the rights to

Posted

this was announced weeks ago on the bbc coverage of the last F1 race of the season?

Posted

Related:

Suzi Perry replaces Jake Humphrey as BBC's F1 presenter

The BBC has announced that former MotoGP presenter Suzi Perry will front its Formula 1 programme next year.

Perry presented the BBC's MotoGP coverage for a decade and is delighted at being given the opportunity to replace Jake Humphrey, who is switching his focus to football.

Speaking about her new job, Perry said: "Motorsport is my life and I've really missed being away from the grid. I am so excited to be joining the BBC.

"Working alongside such an eminent team and the F1 world is a huge honour and I can't wait to get started."

The BBC has also confirmed the 10 races that it will be showing live next year.

They are China, Spain, Canada, Britain, Belgium, Italy, Japan, India and Brazil - plus whichever race is slotted in to the July 21 gap.

It means the BBC will not show live the opening two races of the season in Australia and Malaysia, nor the blue riband event in Monaco.

Source: Autosport

Posted

Must have got a good offer. Of all the places to move to, i wouldn't have chosen BT vision :/

Posted

Must have got a good offer. Of all the places to move to, i wouldn't have chosen BT vision :/

To be fair, it was probably better than the current gig he had, plus it meant he could stay in the UK (Which he needs to atm due to family commitments he's said on Twitter). Then he can move up from there to the bigger channels if he does well.