'How I Met Your Mother' renewed for ninth season

How I Met Your Mother has been renewed for a ninth season after Jason Segel reportedly made a last-minute decision to return.

According to Deadline, the CBS sitcom was "given up for dead" before all the cast deals finally closed yesterday (December 21).

Actors Segel and Neil Patrick Harris, who star in the comedy, had previously hinted that they may be leaving.

However Segel, who was a virtual unknown when the show began in 2005, was alleged to be the final cast member to secure his place on the ninth - and potentially final - season.

Deadline quotes a source as saying that Segel "decided to bail and leave the cast hanging". They added: "But he just got turned around today at the last second. The show was literally dead."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s212/how-i-met-your-mother/news/a446951/how-i-met-your-mother-renewed-for-ninth-season.html

It had better be the final season. And please for the love of God can we meet Ted's wife in season 8, please!!!

Totally agree with this. Enough with the teasing already.

This used to be SUCH a good show. :no: I am only sticking it out because I want to know what happens.

That's how they keep you hooked. Since it's renewed for a 9th season, you will not meet the mother on the season 8 finale, despite knowing that Ted met her at Barney's wedding.

I'm still wondering when ted turns into bob sagat. Do we find out in the finale that bob sagat is the one telling the story and he has some brain tumor that caused him to recollect this big story that didn't happen. Plus when does Alexandra udinov get ****ed and just stab her dad or have nikita do it from behind.

I'm still wondering when ted turns into bob sagat. Do we find out in the finale that bob sagat is the one telling the story and he has some brain tumor that caused him to recollect this big story that didn't happen. Plus when does Alexandra udinov get ****ed and just stab her dad or have nikita do it from behind.

Wow, I never knew it was a different person narrating, I always thought it was Josh Radnor in a deeper voice :/

It had better be the final season. And please for the love of God can we meet Ted's wife in season 8, please!!!

I hope so, really should have been wrapped up this season but they hadn't done enough plot wise to do so. So around 30 episodes left in all (1.5 seasons) that means 15 - 20 of Ted remaining a little bey-atch and then running into "mother"

Wow, I never knew it was a different person narrating, I always thought it was Josh Radnor in a deeper voice :/

lol its Full House's Bob Saget, and the daughter on the couch plays Alex on Nikita