Possible graphics card upgrades

Answered Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sikhwarrior

sikhwarrior

Neowinian

Posted 22 December 2012 - 21:57

Hi guys i just bought a HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S 5300 and was wondering what graphics cards could i use as currently it doesn't have any. Only want a graphics card to connect this computer to a HD tv for light web browsing and playing music

Best Answer Jeston , 22 December 2012 - 22:10

Well without knowing your location and exact computer model, I'm going to go with some general statements. Most models of the computer appear to have a PCI Express x16 slot, so just about any graphics card should be fine. If you're only doing web browsing and playing music, just get something cheap like this 6570 for $50 or even this 6450 for $40.

Edit: Even this 5450 should be fine (only $17 after rebate). Just find something cheap with an HDMI port to make things as easy as possible. Go to the full post

#2 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 22 December 2012 - 22:08

Can't find the exact specs but if it has a PCI-E x16 slot, you should be able to use most modern graphics cards, and so long as you have the needed PSU / power connector

#3 Jeston

Jeston

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 22 December 2012 - 22:10   Best Answer

Well without knowing your location and exact computer model, I'm going to go with some general statements. Most models of the computer appear to have a PCI Express x16 slot, so just about any graphics card should be fine. If you're only doing web browsing and playing music, just get something cheap like this 6570 for $50 or even this 6450 for $40.

Edit: Even this 5450 should be fine (only $17 after rebate). Just find something cheap with an HDMI port to make things as easy as possible.

#4 OP sikhwarrior

sikhwarrior

Neowinian

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:20

On the side of the computer it says model s5300uk with prod# wc875aa#abu if that helps

#5 Biohead

Biohead

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:30

http://www.amazon.co...56604152&sr=8-7

Should do what you want it to and nice and cheap.

#6 Jeston

Jeston

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:34

On the side of the computer it says model s5300uk with prod# wc875aa#abu if that helps

That motherboard does have a PCI-e x16 slot, so any of the cards I mentioned in my last post would work fine.

#7 needsata

needsata

Neowinian

Posted 31 December 2012 - 23:27

Hi guys i just bought a HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S 5300 and was wondering what graphics cards could i use as currently it doesn't have any. Only want a graphics card to connect this computer to a HD tv for light web browsing and playing music

These guys are right about the power issue though, if yours is using a small low-wattage PSU . Though, if you get a relatively powerful card, with low-profile specs and which draws power directly though the PCI slot and has no additional conncector you might be fine. So just check on that before you buy.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!