• 2,326 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:50

Guess I better switch to Coke!

#17 kuskoak

kuskoak

Neowinian

• 75 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:33

I'm pretty sure a fresh gallon of milk is already over $10 where I live in rural Alaska. I have already resorted to buying out of town costco shelf ready milk years ago. A gallon of gasoline however just past $7 this late fall this year here. Sigh. . .

#18 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

• 16,161 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:06

It's about 6$ for 4 liters in Canada, so its only 1$ increase which isnt much.

#19 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:14

7 dollars is ludicrous. I'm starting to be happy about the fact that I'm lactose intolerant :p

people around you are happy you decide not to drink milk.... :yes:

#20 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,930 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:16

DONT FREAK OUT!

Just stop by a field full of cows and suck the cows off yourself. easy peasy

I know you probably meant it as joke but That is ill advised...
http://www.fda.gov/F...s/ucm079516.htm

Raw milk is milk from cows, sheep, or goats that has not been pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria. This raw, unpasteurized milk can carry dangerous bacteria such as Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria, which are responsible for causing numerous foodborne illnesses.

They used to place these close to the fire or inside a pot of boiling water to heat them up.

Posted Image

You could even put a pail that farmers milked cows with over a fire to pasteurize the milk.

And all it takes is the Cow to wade through a pond where defecation happens or lay down in cow pies for the contamination to happen.

#21 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,485 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 13:20

I figure the government will sort it out before it's all said and done. If they don't I imagine more than a few of those bozos will be looking for a job next election time.

Maybe they will become dairy farmers. ;)

#22 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:11

Maybe they will become dairy farmers. ;)

They couldn't handle it. I worked summers on my Uncle's dairy farm. :D

#23 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,721 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 15:02

Glad my kids don't drink so much milk any more. now it juice and water!! Milk gives me the poops.

#24 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,226 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 24 December 2012 - 15:08

in my area I do not think we would see a price change, and our milk prices are very low right now anway ($1.25 a gallon) Due to how many Dairy farms there are locally.

#25 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,995 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 15:21

If my calculations are right milk is already about $6.50 a gallon in my part of Canada.

#26 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,406 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 24 December 2012 - 15:21

I know you probably meant it as joke but That is ill advised...
http://www.fda.gov/F...s/ucm079516.htm

They used to place these close to the fire or inside a pot of boiling water to heat them up.

Posted Image

You could even put a pail that farmers milked cows with over a fire to pasteurize the milk.

And all it takes is the Cow to wade through a pond where defecation happens or lay down in cow pies for the contamination to happen.

What a bunch of bull poop, when I was young in PR we used to buy fresh milk all the time from the farmer, sometime I even helped the dude, you ahve noclue how good milk tastes fresh from the cow and before we ruin it for "health" reasons.

#27 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,930 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 15:36

What a bunch of bull poop, when I was young in PR we used to buy fresh milk all the time from the farmer, sometime I even helped the dude, you ahve noclue how good milk tastes fresh from the cow and before we ruin it for "health" reasons.

Me and My Grandfather Milked Cows and always heated the milk. I have milked over 100 cows in my lifetime and would always clean the teet before milking, but you can't just go up to a cow and drink. What if they laid down on Poo ?? I am almost 40 years old and have done a lot , but one thing I will tell you is not take the chance of getting sick when it can be easily avoided.

So don't always assume what others have not done... When I was younger up until 9 years old I lived in Lexington/ Buena Vista Virginia where there were lots of farms... I have even milked Goats as well.

#28 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,988 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 16:42

If my calculations are right milk is already about $6.50 a gallon in my part of Canada.

$4.33 for 4l milk here, central Alberta

#29 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,197 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 24 December 2012 - 18:24

Me and My Grandfather Milked Cows and always heated the milk. I have milked over 100 cows in my lifetime and would always clean the teet before milking, but you can't just go up to a cow and drink. What if they laid down on Poo ?? I am almost 40 years old and have done a lot , but one thing I will tell you is not take the chance of getting sick when it can be easily avoided.

So don't always assume what others have not done... When I was younger up until 9 years old I lived in Lexington/ Buena Vista Virginia where there were lots of farms... I have even milked Goats as well.

Meanwhile, in the part of the world where we are not scared of everything not sterilized, people do drink raw cow milk. Personally I don't, not because I'm worried, but because I don't really think I would like it, I like my medium milk.

My uncle though loves raw milk, especially I believe during the calling period or something.

#30 +CrossCheck

CrossCheck

i am a retarded disfigured clown

• 707 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 18:31

I use water rather than milk for the shakes, not quite as tastey, but pretty close (and less calories - barely depending on milk type, but still). Cereal on the other hand... :cry:

i guess i will have to start eating Beerios for breakfast